Due pinout diagram

neslekkim:

pighixxx:

Graynomad:
Pighixxx can you start an English thread for your diagrams so we know which ones people are referring to?

Hi Rob,
If you find it useful, i have no problem to open a new English thread.

I for one will find it useful, now I'm just hoping that an Mega version also will pop up.. and the rest of the board for that matter, doesnt seem that the folks behind Arduino seem to see this as useful for their customers, but I like these.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,125908.0.html

cyclegadget:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,125908.0.html

Yes I know that one, it was that one that started this thread, I was thinking about something along the lines of this thread and the new uno thread, if you don't see the differences..

Back on topic: With reference to the Native USB TX/RX LEDs ('pins' 73 and 72) - I just discovered that these LEDs use negative logic. That is, they light with digitalWrite(x,LOW) and extinguish with digitalWrite(x,HIGH) (the opposite to the L LED on pin 13 which uses positive logic).

So if it's not too much trouble it might be worth noting on the diagram that the LEDs on 72 and 73 are using negative logic. I was using them for debugging just now, and lost about half an hour wondering why my working code was registering a fault and my non-working code wasn't! :grin:

neslekkim:
...I was thinking about something along the lines of this thread and the new uno thread, if you don't see the differences..

Here the MEGA version :wink:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,146511.0.html

Bye

Thanks for doing these pighixxx, I did not have the time. They look fantastic (but then I suppose I would say that eh? :))

BTW the official Arduino font appears to be Consolas.

Re the above two comments about the LEDs, I'll add an annotation about the neg logic, what about the 16U2 LEDs though, how many people would use them directly?

Rob

Thanks to you!

I hope people appreciate the effort we made ??to put a bit of clarity ...
I'm working on the latest diagrams and then work! :roll_eyes:

I want to use this post to thank again Rob who was the first author of this fantastic diagram; I was inspired by his work.

the drawing is definitely pretty and hopefully accurate but i have one suggestion. the readability is quite good on the computer but when printed with a (pretty decent) color laser printer, it is extremely difficult to read the dark colored tags. i could photoshop it myself but why not just reduce the density on the background colors? BTW. i was a professional cartographer (a million years ago) and dealt with printing and readability issues all the time.

One suggestion for the SPI header. If you print out compiler defined variables MISO, MOSI, and SCK they print out pin numbers as follows: MISO 74, MOSI 75, SCK 76. I believe these are the Digital Pin numbers for these three pins on the SPI header. Variable SS is defined as 10 and that is D10/D77 as you note correctly for SPI-CS0. Could these three Digital Pin values be added? Thanks for your consideration.

Could SCL1, SDA1 be reviewed? Methinks the 9/70 and A.17/A.18 are reversed.

Sorry for my delayed response, I've moved on from this and have other stuff on my mind. I have also completely lost interest in the Due for a couple of reasons.

I have made all the above changes though and will post a new version soon.

@stimmer
Negative logic annotated.

@hiduino
I don't think I'll add those two LEDs as they are not really part of programming the Due for the normal application. I'm happy to be convinced otherwise though.

@spencoid
Hardware pins are now black on light blue, GND still the same. As that's the only use for that combo even if the text blocks out and it just prints black it's obvious what it is I think.

@TheKitty
I've added the Arduino pin #s for those three SPI pins, it's a bit of a kludge because there was no room but doesn't look too bad.

@Workalot
I think you are right about that, D70 and D71 were correct but the other labels were reversed.

@anyone with a colour printer
Let me know if the current colour scheme works, I don't have a printer so can't test. Bear in mind though that all printers are different, if it doesn't look good on a $20 Inkjet I'm not likely to change anything unless a few people have trouble.

Rob

quite readable now on my color laser printer. thanks for lightening up the blue. in fact, it looks just like the version i modified in photoshop.

Good, note the errata on the first post as well. I haven't got the energy/time to regenerate the files right now :slight_smile:

Rob

1. This recent activity has made a good document gooder.

2. Your endeavour in time and effort to produce the 'Unofficial Guide' seems out of whack with comments.

3. Noah did, and nr Bundaberg may have somewhat, shared similar water issues.

1. Thanks, but shouldn't that be "more better"?

2. I've currently got the shits with Arduino Inc but I'll get over it. :slight_smile: Meanwhile I created this document so it behooves me to make it as good as possible.

3. We're up in the hills, apart from the fact that the grass is 5-foot high and it rains every day so we can't cut it the recent events have not affected us thankfully. We just got home in time, Gympie is isolated again today with the highway cut on both sides, we drove through there a couple of days ago. This is Gympie's 4th flood in a year. Poor buggers.

Rob

Regarding the two LEDs, I’ve seen several posts of people getting confused about which LEDs they are looking at. So if at all just for identification and clarification so they don’t get confused of what they are, as opposed to the ones used for programming.

OK you talked me into it :), see the first post and advise if the text is not clear/correct.

Rob

It looks like the physical pin color was shifted from dark gray to light blue. The LED and SPI physical pin bubbles remain dark gray (no pun intended).

Bugger, I'll fix shortly.

Rob

All errata (as far as I know) fixed, new versions uploaded.

Rob

Nobody seemed to have asked these questions before, so I'll ask it now:

1. Why do all pins have a "Digital Pin" and "Physical Pin" and "Port Pin" alias? Where are these aliases used to refer to these pins - for instance, when would I need to refer to pin A3 by A.22, or AD4, or D57, or 81?
  2. There seem to be many Reset pins. What does the Reset pin in the SPI cluster reset?