Upload image

Hello,

I don´t know if this feature has already been requested?

Maybe it is a possibility to give the user the option to upload an image. I usually want to add an schematic overview of a circuit (fritzing) to make my problem more clear. The size of the image (KB) should off course be limited as well as the supported formats.

The problem is always where do I upload this image? I know there are lots of sites out there that will host you images but this is sometimes time limited etc...

Cheers :slight_smile:

I've never used Fritzing, but presumably when the image is generated it is stored on their server, so you could just copy the location of the image and use that.

Well Fritzing was just an example. Can be Eagle, CAD or your pet off course !! :wink:

I've never used Fritzing, but presumably when the image is generated it is stored on their server, so you could just copy the location of the image and use that.

Its a stand alone app there chief

As far as images on the forum I can see it from both sides

As a user it is annoying to find a image host, or like me host it on your own site... course what happens if I for scrapybook decide to hose my server, information here is lost

As an administrator of a fairly active website (that we allow images on) they can start to suck down space, course this can be handled, like on our server we have scripts that compress and resizing images to our liking, but even then at a scale as large as this place gets it sill might not be in the best interest

I would like to see it, its not really that hard to run a image tru gd before stashing it away, and we are not a photography forum so poor image quality would be ok, and much preferred to missing images when I finally snap and go on my killing spree, thus not making the server rent

Its a stand alone app there chief

Facepalm Doh! I just went to Fritzing.org when I made that post, and it looked like it was an online application.

My bad :P.

I should add am image