Wireless Internet Thermostat Project

My goal this year is to build a wireless Internet controlled thermostat using an Arduino based board and the One Wire IC's as sensors. I would like to be able to control my thermostat with my IPhone from any anywhere in the world. I have just ordered the Yellow Jacket from AsyncLabs which is basically an Arduino mini with wireless 802.11b wireless connectivity and a couple of the DS18B20 1-Wire digital temperature sensor from Maxim IC. The Yellow jacket is small enough to fit into a project box that could be powered and mounted in place of a regular thermostat on the wall. The control part would be through my wireless router via the Internet.
I'm going to need a lot of help because I'm ok when it comes to the hardware part but the software side is where I will need lots of help. Hopefully others here would like to make this kind of project or know of other projects that are similar to get ideas and examples. I'm going to make it a point to keep at least weekly update of my progress and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello RVRAZ. I am just getting started with Arduino, but I have a similar goal. The good news is that I am almost the exact opposite - I have a solid background in C/C++ in a realtime environment, but I'm not experienced with hardware, electricity, or circuits. Perhaps there will be opportunities for us to collaborate.

Croweman.
That sounds like a plan to me and thank you, I feel a lot better knowing that I will have some help on the software side.. I should be getting the hardware (yellow Jacket and sensors) in this week. Once I test everything out I will post a schematic or maybe first a block diagram so we can get on the same page of functionality. Currently I'm looking at relays to control the air/heater/fan and a power supply that will convert 24VAC to 9VDC to power the Wireless Internet Thermostat Project (WITP). Hopefully it will not be just the two of us and will get many more (hardware and software) to join the collaboration of the WITP

From tinkering on the same subject in years past.

just a quick comment, those pictures are EXCELLENT. ;D