Parsing server data while playing .wav file with Arduino Wave Shield

dc42:
You can't store variable data in PROGMEM, only in RAM or in EEPROM.

What form do the messages take? Do you need to store the entire incoming message, or can you compress or encode it? If you can halve the maximum size you need to store so that it is around 7 bytes maximum, then you can fit 200 messages in 1400 bytes, leaving you around 600 bytes (on a Uno) for other data and the stack.

Thanks for the reply. I'm relatively new to this... I develop iPhone apps, so I don't have to mess with all this memory stuff. I always have plenty of memory to work with..

But I get it in this format: "500(1467)" Before the parenthesis, I have a delay time. And in the parenthesis, I have the LEDs that I want on. I will then play the matching WAV file using WaveRP and loop through all the data I have saved up. I switch the LEDs according to the sequence values (in the parenthesis) & delay the amount of milliseconds (found before the parenthesis). The number of entries differ, but I would say it's between 200-300 values.

I've tried playing the song, and reading the data all in the main loop(), and it started acting weirdly (I'm guessing it ran out of memory, or was close to it). So I then tried writing all the data to a txt file, and running it later. But then I realized you can't read 2 files off the SD card at once face palm. I also tried appending it all to a String and reading it later, but after 40-ish characters the data went corrupt... And again, started acting weirdly.

What would you suggest I do?