Look for me on Mythbusters tonight!

The episode of Mythbusters I volunteered for about 6 months back is airing tonight. (In the US anyway) Discovery channel at 9pm. I'll be the dork in a gray t-shirt and glasses who says the word "poofy". This is assuming I didn't get cut to the cutting room floor.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-mission-impossible-mask/

Wow. Tell us the whole story.

Short story is over a year ago I saw a tweet from Grant that they needed volunteers for a myth and to email this random email. I did and they called me in. That was "Hair of the dog" from last season, where they had 200 people all stand around at Fort Mason in SF while bomb sniffing dogs sniffed around. I was in the crowd but was only on camera a split second here and here in amongst all the people. Still the experience was awesome. Met Grant and Tory. (Kerri was "busy" but my guess is they didn't want her around a bunch of mostly geeky random guys.)

Then 6 months ago I get a random email saying "Thanks for coming in that one time. Want to help again?" Of course I said yes and this time the myth was at M5 Industries. Jamie's shop is CRAZY SMALL!!! It looks a lot bigger on the show. They said they hardly ever have people into the shop so that was pretty exciting. Met Adam and Jamie that time but it was very brief. I've got a crazy story about the experience but it would give away tonight's episode and they asked that we not share until after it airs. I can write it up tomorrow.

Sweet! Even my wife is a fan of Mythbusters.. they make a lot of science accessible and interesting- blowing stuff up has that attention-grabbing hook like nothing else.

You gonna get all uppity on us now?

Hmm, think I know which one you were... but no "poofy..."

(I'll not discuss episode cuz I think I'm seeing it earlier than some, due to being East coast)

I missed it, maybe they'll reair

I'll be the dork in a gray t-shirt and glasses who says the word "poofy".

Are you sure that wasn't Craig Ferguson's show you were taping?

focalist:

(I'll not discuss episode cuz I think I'm seeing it earlier than some, due to being East coast)

interesting. 7 mins to go here.

focalist:

Of the 3 guys who came in and knew something was up based on voice I was the one in the bottom right corner. The least heavy set. If you picked that guy congrats! :stuck_out_tongue:

For Valalvax: If you want to catch it they re-air the previous weeks episode right before the new one so mine will be on again next week at 8pm.

biocow:

focalist:

Of the 3 guys who came in and knew something was up based on voice I was the one in the bottom right corner. The least heavy set. If you picked that guy congrats! :stuck_out_tongue:

For Valalvax: If you want to catch it they re-air the previous weeks episode right before the new one so mine will be on again next week at 8pm.

Will it be online somewhere?

They don't put full eps online, only clips which I'm In none of. You can buy it through iTunes but not sure if that works outside the US.

Although you might have some luck here.

:wink:

Look for me at 23:43, bottom right hand corner, gray shirt, glasses.

Sneaky :smiley:

I've gotta ask, did you get to keep it?

No. :frowning: Woulda been nice. I don't have a green one.