how can i attach a wire to a SMD pin ?

Hello guys .
i have this module :

there is a pin on the surface mount chip that is not routed .
i want to attach a wire to it .
i can't imagine a way that wouldn't risk to destroy the module though .

thank you very much

Web site you linked to is marked as dangerous by NORTON ! ! !

Typically this is done using fine gauge magnet wire tacked to the top of the pin. Do some searching on YouTube for demonstrations. A microscope is helpful.

Here is the warning I see:

larryd:

AVG passes it as ok.

Paul

amine2:
Hello guys .
i have this module : http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_224704_1.jpg

there is a pin on the surface mount chip that is not routed .
i want to attach a wire to it .
i can't imagine a way that wouldn't risk to destroy the module though .

thank you very much

A soldering iron with a very fine pointed tip and a strand of very fine wire. The solder will be lead-free, so will take more heat than lead based solder. Tin the wire with a bit of solder and then just solder it to the pin.

Paul

Would a thicker copper wire laid across the pins between the chip and to-be solder joint work as a heat sink? It's not like you can clip something to just 1 pin is it?

larryd:

For me, the link serves a single simple JPG file. A Webroot scan reveals nothing interesting. It appears all but the very basic EXIF tags have been stripped. To display the image Chrome wraps the file in boilerplate HTML. So far nothing suspicious (or even interesting).

After about 30 minutes with Google: It appears there was a period of time in which fear mongering about malicious JPGs was prevalent. But I can find only one case of a Trojan laden JPG finding its way to the internet (an Angry Birds variant targeting Android). So, nothing that overlaps with dxcdn.com.

The warning from Norton is as vague as it is broad. It describes analyzing all of dxcdn.com rather than just that single file, does not provide any details of the six threats, provides no time information of when the threats were found, fails to include the locations of the threats, and fails to include any follow-up information.

So, I am left with these observations: The file does not contain a Trojan. The Norton warning is worthless fear mongering (one of the reasons we stopped using their products).

However, it is possible dxcdn.com served a different file / page to @larryd.

In the interest of public safety I copied the image to @amine2's post (something he should have done). @larryd, if the warning is produced with the image hosted here please let us know.

4: they have ad on site and at one time the ad server was serving malware injection. Anyone remember Yahoo Europe issue a couple years back? It is possible Norton flagged this whole site because of bad ad from the past. Shit program doesn't correctly discriminate the source such as the ad server but only the main site and flags the whole site.

[quote author=Coding Badly date=1516343839 link=msg=3570590]
The Norton warning is worthless fear mongering (one of the reasons we stopped using their products).[/quote]
And it's a bggr to remove. It leaves entries all over your Registry.
I use Avast, but I've heard that AVG is just as good.
What do others here use?

Webroot.

AVG. I am generally careful of what I download and I use uBlock Origin so I don't get malware shoved through compromised ad server.

BTW I do not block ads because they are annoying, I block them because no ad server can offer 100% guarantee they don't let virus or malware through. Remember Yahoo Europe fiasco a few years ago? Offering virus free ad guarantee can get expensive if one slips through, $100 per computer to clean x a million computers.

problem solved , GoforSmoke , Paul and Pert thank you very very much.

I wasn't sure about the wire-as-heatsink, did that help? If so, can you tell what you did.. your observations?

I remember saying no way to doing the same wire to SMT pin on (IIRC) VS1001 mp3 player modules. My hands are nowhere near steady enough, I have trouble with 0.1 inch DIP spacing!