Shields section?

Shields are a huge part of the Arduino experience, but there dose not seem to be a place for people to talk, and more importantly post there shield designs for others to have a go at making.

Could not even find a "show us your shield" topic on any of the boards? :cry:

There was a topic I started some time ago:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1253479091/all

Bring on my website for a decent list (in a couple of weeks or so).

Mowcius

what a excellent thread Mowcius!

Would be really nice to have a big list of open source shields with schematics all in one place!

PM me when your site is up please :slight_smile:

Ok, I will try to remember. :smiley:

The thread kinda got hijacked by people talking about a new wireless shield so it is rather long!

Mowcius

;D it did go off track a little, but still a good read!

Are you going to try and get schematics and include small prototypes shields in the list, or just the production ones available in ready-made PCB n kit form?

All this hype about your website mowcius, I can't wait! How's the domain coming along? :slight_smile:

Are you going to try and get schematics and include small prototypes shields in the list, or just the production ones available in ready-made PCB n kit form?

Yes, all minor boards will be included. That may help some people get their decent shield ideas marketed. I will try and list schematics and stuff but that will obviously be up the the designer as to whether they are happy with that. (most are open source but it is always good to check!)

All this hype about your website mowcius, I can't wait! How's the domain coming along?

Well you seem to be terribly enthusiastic about it! I have purchased the domain (did I say that already in another post?) but I am still waiting to hear about my hosting. It's only a day since you last asked isn't it!

Mowcius

Well you seem to be terribly enthusiastic about it!

Welcome to my world :). You're just so helpful on these forums, I figure your website will be just as awesome :).

I have purchased the domain (did I say that already in another post?)

Maybe you did, I didn't catch it though.

It's only a day since you last asked isn't it!

I suppose it is hehe ;D

A whole week, and you not got it up and running yet.....slacker! :wink:

A whole week, and you not got it up and running yet.....slacker!

Ahh but I am having to completely design a new site (well currently it is using a nice open source template cos I want to get it uploaded) but I am now waiting on my web hosting relatives who don't work on weekends!

Mowcius