Please delete my account

Chuckz:
...It proves my point and I'll tell you the story...

At this point I was excited to read something extraordinary, but the story never showed up, did I miss something?

Cheers,
Kari

Well, we moderators can ban you, but what's the point?
We don't have user deletion authority.
If a user doesn't want to do some experimenting and learning by going thru the examples here

or by going thru books like this one
http://www.earthshineelectronics.com/files/ASKManualRev5.pdf

there's not much we can do for that user.

I have to say that lack of expertise from staff at radio shack is not a good reason to give up on Arduino :slight_smile:

Most of your posts seem to be generic requests for help there is not anything specific.
You say you know Fortran and Basic, well C is very similar. The concepts are identical and the constructs are the same. The only change is the syntax. C does have deer defined data structures and pointers but those are advanced topics you can safely ignore to start off with.

I would suggest you get stuck in to a project, one from the learning section, and when you don't understand something then ask.

What has changed your opinion of Arduino so much? [Here] you seem to be all for it.

There aren't many books because there really isn't much need. The entire Arduino reference is on the web as well as samples, tutorials and libraries. And that is just the Arduino site. The programming is c/c++ so you need c/c++ books to begin learning. If the programming is not your problem then calm down because the electronics side is hard for everybody. Its only with trial and error that many projects succeed.

I came here 4 months ago with only programming knowledge, now due to the Arduino site and other sources I have learnt an fair amount on digital electronics and the avr.

Please post some insight as to what your difficulty is. Also people may respond to some questions with little to no advice due to the fact a quick Google search may suffice.

If you're unable to to teach yourself then it would seem you're lacking in the basic ability to learn. Learning how to learn might be a positive step. Karl R. Wirth - Geology - Macalester College

That said, someone may simply not have the brain wiring needed to learn how to program. For example, programming involves a lot of abstraction, and a lot of translation of terms and definitions onto symbols. If someone is unable to deal with a mapping like "sketch" == "program" then I'm not sure how they'll deal with much deeper mappings and abstractions needed to write software.

frank26080115:
You can't just expect everybody to give you one-on-one lessons.

I never asked for one on one lessons.

What I'm going to do is change my email to something that doesn't exist and change the password to something I don't remember. That will keep me from coming back because no one has the power to delete my account.

K, you are only one click away from re-registering, nothing is really stopping you from coming back. Its like locking your keys outside of your car.

This sounds like my buddy who got angry to Microsoft, laptop flies extremely well from capable hands, but the landing...

Cheers,
Kari

In other words, the average person isn't going to learn.

That average person has to want to learn.

Edit: Interesting, as a moderator, I can ban, but not delete, user accounts...except my own, which I'm apparently allowed to delete!

AWOL:

Will someone please lecture me through email or phone on Arduino? - Bar Sport - Arduino Forum

You are rude for making subterfuge about a discussion by merging it with a different discussion that has nothing to do with the issue. I wasn't mad about that but I was mad about the rude user who compared himself to me.

Goodbye

[homer]mmmm... fuge[/homer]

Perhaps for you, "subterfuge" and "rude" have different meanings to the English I speak.

Maybe try something else? Like gardening or something? Maybe programming and electronics just isn't your thing.

Chuckz:
You are rude for making subterfuge about a discussion by merging it with a different discussion that has nothing to do with the issue. I wasn't mad about that but I was mad about the rude user who compared himself to me.

Goodbye

I am trying to translate this to my language, trying to understand... Tried some synonymes, hidden meanings, combinations... no, doesn't compute!
Is it possible that this person is talking about something that doesn't exists to us normal mortals, like PM's or email conversations?

"Subterfuge"? Trick, bluff, betrayal? And "rude" with that? The word Jar-Jar Binks uses in starwars, I can't get that out of my mind now; "How rude!". Can you see that funny face with that sentence?

I am interested purely linguisticly, trying to learn more languages than just C++.

Cheers,
Kari

PS. I am sorry if that offended anybody!

I find it laughable that your even still here making reply's to somthing you've decided to ditch.

I've been at the arduino for 5 days and I've made a few simple and some what boring examples but the point being is I did it, I wrote the code and I learnt how to write it and wire the components, thats given me determination to continue.

I find it despicable that you want someone to baby sit you through somthing that costs you £20/$25~
Open source doesnt mean people will coach you.
you dont have time to learn? make time or find somone you are willing to pay for tutoring if such a person exist out side colleges/universities.

If you've lost interest then log out of the site, delete your history if you really need to and dont come back. a deleted account isnt going to make any difference and it just sounds like your here to rant.

RageRiot

I don't know you but good for you. If I have an account then don't I have a right to ask?

I'm glad you can copy and paste code and follow the diagrams. I had a 75 in 1 kit when I was 12 and followed the diagrams to wire it but I don't remember anything about electronics so copying something doesn't necessarily give you understanding.

Thank you for comparing yourself to me. Was that supposed to make me feel better? It didn't work.

RageRiot:
I find it laughable that your even still here making reply's to somthing you've decided to ditch.

I've been at the arduino for 5 days and I've made a few simple and some what boring examples but the point being is I did it, I wrote the code and I learnt how to write it and wire the components, thats given me determination to continue.

I find it despicable that you want someone to baby sit you through somthing that costs you £20/$25~
Open source doesnt mean people will coach you.
you dont have time to learn? make time or find somone you are willing to pay for tutoring if such a person exist out side colleges/universities.

If you've lost interest then log out of the site, delete your history if you really need to and dont come back. a deleted account isnt going to make any difference and it just sounds like your here to rant.

RageRiot

...no, you hang up...

Chuckz:
I don't know you but good for you. If I have an account then don't I have a right to ask?

You do have the right to ask, but theres also the right to tell you that people cant help you. They can either try and get you to stay, or tell you to go. Since when do you need account deletion to leave something?

I'm glad you can copy and paste code and follow the diagrams. I had a 75 in 1 kit when I was 12 and followed the diagrams to wire it but I don't remember anything about electronics so copying something doesn't necessarily give you understanding.

How else is someone to learn other then doing something, and the figuring out why it worked? When your in school tahts all they do. They give you an example of a math problem. You do it, several times, with different circumstances each time, and you learn everntally how to get teh correct answer/

Thank you for comparing yourself to me. Was that supposed to make me feel better? It didn't work.
Where did he compare himself to you. He said what He had done. That he had taught himself. No comparison there. He then said you were despicable for wanting to be babied but thats a different story altogether

Getting some good lols out of this though. Still commenting back even though you say you quit.