Ethernet/wifi interface / with and without shield

Hello, :wink:

I want to connect my Arduino to a distant cloud web server. For this I want to add Ethernet or Wifi interface on my arduino.

1. If I use a shield for this, how to product my prototype if I want to create a business with it ? $) Can we convert a shield in production ?
  2. If I don't want to use shield, how can I add Ethernet or Wifi to my arduino ? Ethernet or Wifi component to advise ? :blush:

Thanks XD

You can use cheap ENC28J60 (around 3$), which connect with 6wires to arduino. Here is nice tutorial how to do http://nathanhein.com/2013/02/getting-arduino-online-with-an-enc28j60/.

Best library for this ethernet card is UIPEthernet new library UIPEthernet: uIP adapted to Arduino for ENC28J60 - Networking, Protocols, and Devices - Arduino Forum, which is compatible with stock Ethernet library.

1. If I use a shield for this, how to product my prototype if I want to create a business with it ? smiley-money Can we convert a shield in production ?

Yes, you can convert a shield's hardware into your own PCB layout but if you have to ask that question, it's probably not you who will do that for the production version.
I would first make your project work and when it does, begin thinking about you might make a product of it.