Problem in troubleshooting RHEX-hexapod robot like BOSTONDYNAMICS

i attended a workshop on RHEX 6 legs autonomous robot like the one in BOSTONDYNAMICS....infact very lowtech nd basic one....

i assembled all the parts as shown in the ppt....uploaded the codes for master ARDUINO NG micro-controller board and Slave SERVO motor controller that they given with the ppt....now all the ENCODER sensors are working which count no of ticks.....the arduino board is working with PREloaded LED_BLINK program.....but SERVO motors are not starting at all....

i should specify that i m not a hardcore robotics guy...m a student....dont have any basics of microconroller/microprossesor/ARDUINO_IDE....

pls help me.....here uploading files is not allowed as they r saying UPLOAD FOLDER FULL....PLS CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR....as soon as i manage i'll upload the codes for ARDUINO NG Microcontroller board as well as slave board that i used in this project/....

cheers....

Not a link in that thread, and no code. If you need help, fix that.

Make sure you have a seperate power supply for the servos (with grounds connected between the arduino and power supply). Below is some servo test code you can use with the serial monitor to test a servo connected to the arduino.

// zoomkat 10-14-11 serial servo test
// use a microseconds value like 1500 in serial monitor
// for IDE 0022 and later
// Powering a servo from the arduino usually DOES NOT WORK.

String readString;
#include <Servo.h> 
Servo myservo;  // create servo object to control a servo 

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  myservo.writeMicroseconds(1500); //set initial servo position if desired
  myservo.attach(7);  //the pin for the servo control 
  Serial.println("servo-test-22"); // so I can keep track of what is loaded
}

void loop() {
  while (Serial.available()) {
    char c = Serial.read();  //gets one byte from serial buffer
    readString += c; //makes the string readString
    delay(2);  // allow buffer to fill with next character
    }

if (readString.length() >0) {
    Serial.println(readString);  //so you can see the captured string 
    myservo.writeMicroseconds(readString.toInt()); //convert readString to number for servo
    readString=""; //empty for next input
  } 
}