Highly Anticipated 32-bit "Due" due When?

westfw:
(also, this is supposed to be using the same structure that has been used in ChipKit (PIC32) for a while now, and more recently for Teensy3.

Actually, for Teensy 3.0 I've been using the 1.0.1 IDE with only very minor tweaks, mostly adding options to boards.txt to change things like "avr-gcc" to to "arm-none-eabi-gcc" and extra options to be given to the compiler and an option specify the toolchain base path. Then I just put a generic arm-none-eabi toolchain in hardware/tools. If anyone's interested to see that modified IDE code, or the ARM-specific core library, just ask.

When they do release another IDE, of course I intend to add support for it.

MichaelMeissner:
Did they announce the important details yet (price, what Arm chip is used as the base, what is the clock speed, what is the power draw, how much memory does it have, how many digital/analog/pwm pins exist)?

The beta test boards given to various developers several months ago had the SAM3X8E chip. Shortly after the Maker Faire in San Mateo, many detailed photos appeared online. Here's a link:

http://robotgrrl.com/blog/2012/05/25/arduino-due-up-close-pics/

The SAM3X8E is pretty amazing piece of silicon. It has about 100 I/O pins (presumably 86 will come to the Mega-form-factor locations), 512k flash, 96k ram, high-speed USB, a fast 12 bit A/D, 2 channel D/A, ethernet mac, and an incredible number of other built-in peripherals. The A/D has 15 channels. There appear to be many PWM pins, some from timers, some from a dedicated PWM generator. The ARM core speed is 84 MHz. The datasheet has some power consumption info on page 1399... basically 76 mA with the core at 1.8 volts, running in the fastest mode.

Of course, this is merely from the chip that was on those boards months ago, not any recent info, but it seems unlikely they'd switch to another chip at this late stage.

Arduino Due is going to be a pretty awesome piece of hardware!