Arduino or Clone? which do you have most of?

I have one arduino to use for proto-typing and then a bunch of breadboard or build your own for permanent installations. THe official arduionos are a lot easier to work with but I cannot see leaving it dedicated to a single project for very long.

Finally, someone who agrees with me!

I avoid the exact ("pirate") clones, but have a bunch of BBB, boarduino, Freeduino ("value added clones"), and homemade boards.

I have no EBay clones (thats somethign different in my opinion). I just use a PICO 328 and a Seeeduino Mega.
Why?
The PICO was one of it's kind back then (Small form factor 328, way before an official one that way) and i just like the seeeduinos more due to their breadboard and prototype board compatibility, mini usb and auto-reset features.

Got a Duemilanove and a DFRMega, so one of each.

just got me an uno also first post weee :stuck_out_tongue:

arduino

So how do you count a DIY "Severino" based on documentation on the Arduino site?

So how do you count a DIY "Severino" based on documentation on the Arduino site?

I would just call it a DIYuino. :wink:

Lefty

2 Genuine Duemilanoves
1 Ebay Duemilanove
1 RBB
4 Homebrews aka DIYuino (lumps of stripboard usually).

I would have more official Arduinos than clones (mainly Pro Mini) if it wasn't for the board I've designed myself -- because not even a pro mini fits in a hula hoop!

I have one generic arduino mega from ebay.

Have a Duemilanove and an Uno.

I use clones that add value.
Boarduino, Seeeduino Mega, Seeeduino Stalker, Sparkfun Pro 3.3, Sparkfun Pro Mini 3.3, ArduPilot Mega, Teensy, Plus many standalone in various projects.

There isn't a point of buying a straight Arduino Clone that doesn't add value somehow.

The boarduino might as well be a permanent installation into my breadboard.

I like the smaller form factor on the Seeeduino Mega, and the mini usb-b, and a switch for the manual/auto reset. The Stalker adds a RTC, micro SD, Xbee, and a 3.3v/5v I2C hub. The Pro Mini was nice for a one off project with very limited space. (In retrospect, I would probably use a teensy next time).

Anyhow, Thank you Arduino team and keep up the good work.

I have the real one because i just like to think of it as THE arduino but i got really tempted to order this today ... especially for that price .. geeeezzz

http://us.element-14.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=74R7633

AT MEGA based board for 35!!! thats amazin!!!

I only have an Uno board right now.

1 Seeeduino V328, 1 Seeeduino Mega, 1 Freeduino.
I just constructed a PCB test fixture for my employer built around a genuine Arduino Mega, but they paid for it so I guess that doesn't count.

2x Arduino Duemilanove
2x Seeeduino Mega

and my next might be a Seeeduino again, because I like the auto/manual reset, plus the reset switch is located at the side of it, so it is possible to reach it with shields stacked on top.

I no longer buy clones that mark themselves up like an official "Arduino" but do buy ones that have their own name and say compatible (i.e. dfRobot versions).

I get my "official" boards from dealers such as makershed or sparkfun as I am not sure how to tell outside that who is an impostor (pre Uno).

Most - dfRobot versions due to price difference.

I have a BBB, a RBBB, and an RBBB sans power(and sans ftdi power pin) section that i run off breadboard power.
If i had money to buy shields i'd buy an official board.

I have one Uno