My Safety Valve Project on Indiegogo (subject changed)

focalist:
Though Kickstarter staff were helpful and enthusiastic about the project, Kickstarter's charter does not allow them to sponsor or allow safety-related devices. They are paranoid of liability.

Indiegogo is very similar, and they worked with me to launch the campaign in only a few hours. Same basic idea, except indiegogo is worldwide and not just United States.

The Bishop Valve - Intelligent Residential Gas Safety Valve | Indiegogo

I have also set up a twitter (my first ever) account for the project, @bishopvalve

As would guess as any commercial firm that tried to actually sell something like that to the general public. It's one thing to sound an alarm but to actually control valves to shut off utilities I would think require a whole lot of approvals by the utilities supplying the home, the manufacture of the value, approval of the people/firm that would install the valve and system and signed off on it functioning correctly, etc, etc.

It's one thing to design such a system as your goal and intentions are good, but in this libellous country one would really need to lawyer up before one could actually manufacture, sell, and install such a system, at least that is my opinion.

But I do wish you luck. If Kickstarter wouldn't touch it with their rather limited role in such an adventure, I suspect will have trouble getting any kind of real business plan comprehensive enough to attach investors.

Good luck;

Lefty