Arduino Programming Cheat Sheet

Hi all,

I'm going to be teaching a college course next May using Arduino, and I wanted a nice "cheat-sheet" poster to put up in the room where we'll be working. I found this one posted in the old forum last year and an SVG version posted later in the thread. They were pretty good, so I've taken those and modified the design a bit: different layout, targeted more toward beginners and programming, and a bunch of small tweaks here and there.

You can download a PDF of the cheat sheet, and the SVG source is hosted in a Github repository.

I hope it's useful for others, and please let me know if you see any errors or have other suggestions. Thanks!

That is great, it should be a good asset.

The only minor quibble I have (and it is minor) is that the Serial.begin() can take any number not just those given. For example I use:-
Serial.begin(31250);
to generate the right speed for MIDI.

Well designed, looks good.

Rob

Thanks for the feedback! I updated some of the library sections, especially the serial comm sections.

Github isn't taking the new file correctly, it seems, so the direct download might not update right now, but the PDF in the repository should be the latest.

great job liffiton!

I made a spanish translation and adaptation to letter size for printing, this is the repo: GitHub - antonio-m/Acordeon-arduino: Acordeón/chuleta en español para el lenguaje de programación Arduino

SoftwareSerial (serial comm. on any pins)
  (#include <softwareSerial.h>)
SoftwareSerial(rxPin, txPin)
  // select rx and tx pins 
begin(long Speed) // up to 9600

Although the info might be correct the use of SoftwareSerial is depreciated, use NewSoftSerial instead. It supports baudrates up to 115200.

that said, great job!

randomSeed(seed) // long or int

Minor problem...
void randomSeed(unsigned int);

Very nice.

I am completely new to the world of coding, and electronics. i have a 3d animation of a myo-electric system where the muscles get converted into energy out from a motor. Any codes or help with an Arduino and learning this all?