Remotely manage electrical circuits?

I apologize I should have left that statement out as its really not relevant to the post. However, the word practical is open for interpretation based on each individual application or user.

Is it practical for the majority of population? Maybe not... Is it practical for myself? Maybe not...

The point then? It is an interesting problem... It is something that I desire to do... And I am seeking help from the vast resources of friendly and knowledgeable people in this community.

I am aware that their are many different ways to skin a cat. So please do not focus on the other aspects of post.

I would like to control multiple outlets with one piece of hardware... If thats not possible than one outlet at a time.

I know that products already exist to do this remotely, BUT do products exist that do this behind the scenes? If not can existing products be hacked to work that way for instance can a plugin receptacle be modified to be a hardwired receptacle instead of a plugin.

Ideas appreciated, but critics, trolls, and ego maniacs please check your baggage at the door. :wink: