Forum Website Down

modeller:
Look at these two -

Federico Vanzati, UweFederer

They are already Global Mods, and don't require an assignent to a board moderator slot.

Also look at the "moderators" of General Discussion.

Moderators: admin, Massimo Banzi, David Cuartielles, mellis

They are Administrators! There is no logical reason to assign an Admin to a board moderator slot - they can already do anything a moderator can do without the permission of a board moderator. That's what I mean, the way these slots are being used tells me they don't really understand SMF.

retrolefty:
Well I don't agree with your opinion of what this forum needs.

Now were getting some responses.

Of course you don't agree Lefty, that's because you are part of the existing "clique".

No such 'clique' exists, what you see posted is what there is, nothing more nothing less.

I wouldn't expect you to agree with me yet. That doesn't however mean that this moderating scheme is being used properly. Your argument is nothing more than this -

"It's always been done this way so how could it be better?"

Because the software allows the kind of structure you wish to implement does not mean it needs to be or should be implemented. Again, what problem specifically are you proposing to solve other then you think the membership population Vs moderator population is not what you would like to see?

Do you answer technical questions like that? No. You answer them with logical responses. I may not know the Arduino as well as you, but I think I know SMF and how it's supposed to be set up better than just about anyone here.

Again knowledge of the SMF tool does not mean one must implement every bell and whistle it has. I know C/C++ to a certain limited amount but it doesn't mean I try and use every feature the language offers.

Why don't you try to answer my points logically. For example, why are Administrators assigned to board moderator slots? Start with that.
I don't even understand the question. Membership titles mean little to me compared to membership behaviour.
Lefty