Who will buy the geiger counter shield?

I would have continuous monitoring of radiation level outdoors.
There is such item which allows connection of a tube:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-IDE-compatible-Geiger-counter-dosimeter-circuit-w-LCD-shield-/181038202229?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item2a26b7bd75

But I think there is sufficient overhead it complexity and cost. If we connect to Arduino the scheme can be much simpler:
there will be enough DC-DC up-step voltage converter to supply tube, one indicating led and the tube discharge current detector.
I asked one of ebay's seller if the chinese folks can make and sell more simple and low cost shield than above one.
He ask me how many items do I need? I need one item but think I am not the only who need one. So I decided to ask others.

I might be interested but the thing doesn't have the tube and still cost this much on ebay? I rather buy a $200 device that has the tube, and outputs 5V pulses for counting. Much easier and off the shelf. Just check vernier.com

I do not need one.

Just FWIW, here is a solar powered wireless radiation monitor with build information.

ubuntu_user:
I would have continuous monitoring of radiation level outdoors.
There is such item which allows connection of a tube:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-IDE-compatible-Geiger-counter-dosimeter-circuit-w-LCD-shield-/181038202229?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item2a26b7bd75

But I think there is sufficient overhead it complexity and cost. If we connect to Arduino the scheme can be much simpler:
there will be enough DC-DC up-step voltage converter to supply tube, one indicating led and the tube discharge current detector.
I asked one of ebay's seller if the chinese folks can make and sell more simple and low cost shield than above one.
He ask me how many items do I need? I need one item but think I am not the only who need one. So I decided to ask others.

Hello,

Did you finish your project? I'm begginning a geiger counter too, but i think i'll buy a shield...