trying to control 37leds with 5x 74HC595

Grumpy_Mike:

if someone else has a other idea about how it could work to he may always post it idea

Why so you can ignore that as well?

Sorry grumpy_mike but i need to use the Shift register and i need to keep it as cheap as possible ..
so if i use spi i need to make my project more expensiver and i am on the limit rigth know..
i got 5 shift registers, enough leds and the arduino and that are the things i only can use for this project.
because the software steering is hard because i can't split up the unsigned long long into 5 or more pieces because the shift register works with an 8bit system so you need to send 5times 8bits you can't send them in one piece.. The highbits and lowits from the arduino software just splits a unsigned long or word but the split in 2 thats easy because you just have 16 bits .. but the unsigned long long got 64 bits if you use highbit and lowbit on that i don't know what you will get but it isn't the upers 32bits and the other 32 bits that i would need to split up again untill its 8bits / piece .. i am know wondering if it would work on a other methode .. i 'm trying to just read in one bit and then shift them on a randomspeed from 0->36-0->36-->....
i hope you understand me :slight_smile:
greetzz kjelle