USB over current on motion control system

Hey,
I wonder if someone might be able to help me figure out something that is probably really simple, my electronics knowledge is pretty patchy to say the least.
So I've wired a 4 channel motion control system for use with dragonframe software, I have an Arduino Uno sending step and direction signals to some easydrivers plus of course a ground, the system has been working perfectly. I wanted to add an emergency stop which is simply a push button to pin 2 just like the basic tutorial, however i've been getting a USB over current warning when I hit the switch but only when the easydriver's power supply is connected (this is powering only the drivers not the arduino). It doesn't need to be switched on (on my enclosure switch not at the wall) for this to cause an issue.
I wonder if anyone might have any suggestions? I don't want to fry anything, especially not my laptop.
All the very best!

Please provide links to the drivers, software and tutorial.

I don't want to fry anything, especially not my laptop.

Sounds like bad wiring, and your switch is possibly causing a short. Luckly most pcs have resettable USB fuses.

zoomkat:

I don't want to fry anything, especially not my laptop.

Sounds like bad wiring, and your switch is possibly causing a short. Luckly most pcs have resettable USB fuses.

Spot on :wink: the switch was connected to the box and the circuits inside via a jack that was grounded to the metal enclosure, and the wrong pins where used, so the switch was causing a short, all is working perfectly!
Cheers,