tv show

Miss Fisher Mysteries was on in the US. I loved it! The plot line takes 3 (?) seasons to develop, then leaves you hanging at the end ...

The Detectorists was such a magically neat series - I loved the ending! I would definitely watch for whatever Mackenzie Crook does next!

ChrisTenone:
Miss Fisher Mysteries was on in the US. I loved it! The plot line takes 3 (?) seasons to develop, then leaves you hanging at the end ...

The Detectorists was such a magically neat series - I loved the ending! I would definitely watch for whatever Mackenzie Crook does next!

Some of the Miss Fisher episodes were filmed just out of town, I have heard they have a one off longer episode in the works for later this year or next.
Did you also get "Dr Blake Mysteries", most of it was filmed just down the street from me.
Tom.. :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Some of the Miss Fisher episodes were filmed just out of town, I have heard they have a one off longer episode in the works for later this year or next.
Did you also get "Dr Blake Mysteries", most of it was filmed just down the street from me.
Tom.. :slight_smile:

No, I never saw that one.

ChrisTenone:

All four seasons were great, MacKenzie Crook is a detectorist in real life. There is a great follow on story to the last episode of season 4. Following shooting they had not got round to completely clearing up the location and Mackenzie Crook was intending to go back another day to finish of. In the meantime a detectorist found some of the props and though that they were real only later discovering that they were fake. He was quoted as saying "I nearly cry every time I look at them".

ardly:
All four seasons were great, MacKenzie Crook is a detectorist in real life. There is a great follow on story to the last episode of season 4. Following shooting they had not got round to completely clearing up the location and Mackenzie Crook was intending to go back another day to finish of. In the meantime a detectorist found some of the props and though that they were real only later discovering that they were fake. He was quoted as saying "I nearly cry every time I look at them".

It was, quite literally, comedy gold.

Hi,
"4 Seasons" ????

I read that MacKenzie Crook doesn't want to do a season 4.

Tom... :slight_smile:

It seemed to nicely conclude at the end of the last season.

But of course, I'll bet they could talk him into it.

ChrisTenone:
It seemed to nicely conclude at the end of the last season.

The series could take a dark turn. The characters could descend into melancholy, depression and self destruction, their heads turned by the fame but knowing that they could never repeat their find. They could be like lottery winners going mad/bad :smiling_imp:

That would suck. :frowning:

I've just started watching Forever with Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph. She is hilarious. Armisen may well be the best straight man ever.

ChrisTenone:
That would suck. :frowning:

LOL. You know as I was reading your post #21 the theme tune for the series started being played on the radio. What are the odds of that? I suppose in the multiverse everything will happen. Must buy a lottery ticket.

It's a 'luminati thing. You saw The X Files, right?

ChrisTenone:
It's a 'luminati thing. You saw The X Files, right?

I have the full set, the wife and I used to have an X-Files binge ever so often.
Just play a DVD form start to finish, about 4 episodes I think.

A couple years ago (before the reboot came out) I watched all the "story arc" shows - about 1/3 of the total. It was fun.

"Killing Eve" is quite brilliant.
Actually, quite a lot of good drama on TV at the moment - "Bodyguard", Press" and "Black Earth Rising" all very good.

Hi,
I just IMDb Black Earth Rising, its on my to watch list.

Hidden Figures is about African American women working in NASA during the space race and was interesting. It is not out yet but First Man, which looks at the life of Niel Armstrong, should be worth a watch.

Hi,
I went and bought the DVD of Hidden Figures, a good re-watch along with The Martian, Apollo 13, The Right Stuff.

TomGeorge:
Hi,
I went and bought the DVD of Hidden Figures, a good re-watch along with The Martian, Apollo 13, The Right Stuff.

Apollo 13 is a film that has stood the test of time. I have just checked and it is actually 23 years old. They certainly worked some movie magic getting the weightless shots, I found the whole film very convincing.

Just found out that the Director of "First Man" is Damien Chazell who also worked on "Whiplash". A film about a young drummer and a psychopathic music instructer is not something I though I would enjoy but he succeeded in making a gripping film on that weird topic. That is making me really interesed in seeing what he managed to do with First Man.