First Post?

I guess it's open to the public then?

I'd like to congratulate the arduino team on a job well done! Also, while I'm here, allow me to test the word filters:

shit
damn

as a matter of fact, one of the reasons why we wanted a clean start in our forum, is because we want people with the right attitude to be bringing up the topics and helping each other to learn further.

I guess what I mean, after a week under sleep deprivation, is that we have Word Filters (they are standard to SMF), but we would love no to have to use them. It should be the attitude and the charisma from those commanding the forum (moderators) setting up the right level of speech.

Thank for your concern and the comments, So far you helped me solve an important issue

/d

Of course I understand. It has been a tradition on the old forum to make fun of the word filter so I just had to test it out in my first post. Hopefully we won't see much abuse of it tho.

Looking good so far. I've used SMF in the past. Like it.

I could definitely get used to the new forum.
:.

I like the tiny smiley
And marquees!! (Did the old forum have these?)
Woot
Double woot ... meh shadow failed

Tried to use the flash tags, but it didn't work.
Cool that now you can put attachments.
But how do you get an attachment, like a picture or swf file, into the post? NVM, it failed too.

But I can quote properly!

sciguy:

I like the tiny smiley
And marquees!! (Did the old forum have these?)
Woot
Double woot ... meh shadow failed

Tried to use the flash tags, but it didn't work.
Cool that now you can put attachments.
But how do you get an attachment, like a picture or swf file, into the post? NVM, it failed too.

But I can quote properly!

Dropping by to say Hello and to checkout the new forum.

:slight_smile:

Cheers

Andy

sciguy:

I copied your comments in my to-do list. Some of the icons on the toolbar will be removed and some things need to be changed.

Thanks

/d

Hi Chaps

The penny dropped just 5 minutes ago! I obviously misunderstood part of how to get here from the original site. It's only taken 3 days XD

Very nice it looks to. So well done everyone involved and it's nice to have 'arrived' eventually. :blush:

regards

Fenrisulfr

Hmm - smileys are nice, I miss the old ones, though. I like the ability for attachments. Overall, the editor is fairly familiar - I think I can get used to it (don't really have a choice, do I?)... XD

Word filters don't work. They just tend to annoy people...
Ass:
Yes, I have to complete this project for an assessment tomorrow!

• Yes, I have to complete this project for an hineyessment tomorrow!

I forgot the name of the issue, but its well documented.

And don't forget that some people live in Scunthorpe :wink:

CowJam:

And don't forget that some people live in Scunthorpe :wink:

This quote button is going to make life easier. The pop-up updates are a nice touch as well--very interactive.

Please please remove Marquee support...

And just for laughs, I'm going to post it... as a marquee

Wohooo a proper quote function, with trackback to the one who wrote it!!! \o/

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Why?
Do marquees annoy you?
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :. :.
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :wink: $) $) $) ]:slight_smile: :smiley: :disappointed_relieved:
:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :grin: :grin: ]:smiley:
:sweat_smile:
^^ ^^ :slight_smile: :% :astonished: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :% :% :drooling_face: :~
:relaxed: :drooling_face: :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

The pop-up updates are a nice touch as well--very interactive.

I'll probably like them more when they've stopped porting the old forum in. At the moment all I get is a massive list of them which then disappear too fast to click on, and some of them say "CowJam".

Seems nice.....just that there has to be a link to the new forum from the old one...

:grin: :disappointed_relieved: :expressionless: :fearful: XD 8) :% :roll_eyes: :cold_sweat: :0 :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: