Got wrong pitch FQFP MCU - possible to make a save?

CrossRoads:
Are you saying the 5mm, 0.5mm pitch parts I pointed out do not fit the 5mm, 0.5mm pitch pads on your card?
Atmega328P-MU, -MUR, -MN, -MNR
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=atmega328p-m'

Hello CrossRoads,

they may fit the board well, being rather the novice I remain merely hesitant for two reasons, the first of which is the labelling in my PCB program (which is Fritzing, by the way). If the footprint fits a so-called "QNF32" then why does it say "TQFP32". This a hugely complex, dedicated piece of software written by experienced people, so when I come across something like this I'm prone to declare myself the ignorant party before calling error on the program. Also the footprint has prolonged pads as indicates room for an MCU with spider-legs sticking out, yet the ones you link to have none of those.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I'd about to venture into my first foray into these leg-less MCU- that, and that I should probably start using Eagle as opposed to Fritzing.

Thanks for all your help, I'm very grateful - if I can get this leg-less MCU fixed on that board (although I shudder in horror at the thought I do have a hot-air station, so...), that's the save I was hoping for when I wrote the post.