[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

warren631:
I had not noticed this problem with the original ERW 1.0.1. The problem is with ERW 1.0.5 that I just downloaded last week. Also a lot of other strange things happen. About one in five compiles fails. Immediately re-compile and the sketch compiles without errors. Sometimes it does not recognize a library, then it does without me making any changes to the sketch. I'm also using XP SP3. Too many strange things were happening with ERW 1.0.5 that I had to delete it and install the official IDE 1.0.5 (with all its problems such as menus that disappear off the bottom of the screen). At least the original seems more solid and I only have to worry about problems with my sketch not the IDE. Had you been making any tweeks recently to ERW 1.0.5? If you test thoroughly with XP SP3 loading various sketches including library examples and you will see the problems. I have the IDE files in c:\program files\arduino. I have sketches in my documents/arduino. Libraries in my documents/arduino/libraries. Its a pity, I liked so much of what you improved the original IDE.

The base is the same code, if you can explain to me the problems using steps to reproduce them I will be able to say to you how to fix them.

For example, about the multiple windows, maybe the "new" tweak related with not using the same window made the problem more noticeable for you (but following the steps provided by nid69ita I am able to reproduce the problem in the original IDE too) so basically in theory I never removed fully an option from the original one (it is in my mind to keep the experience exactly but improved rather than requiring new steps to do things).

Also, you should be able to have both IDEs without any problem, or sharing anything :slight_smile:

Neither the enhanced version nor the official version of arduino work on my windows 7.

splash screen appears on all 4 versions, then disappears without bringing up the arduino programming window.

It's things like this that make me edge closer and closer to staying on linux, however, there are things on windows that i need.

humroben:
Neither the enhanced version nor the official version of arduino work on my windows 7.

splash screen appears on all 4 versions, then disappears without bringing up the arduino programming window.

I had this problem, in my case, it was the ATTiny hardware files that caused the problem. I had added those files to the IDE .

humroben:

It's things like this that make me edge closer and closer to staying on linux, however, there are things on windows that i need.

I can try to check your issue remotely via teamviewer (if you already exhausted all the other options)

A new UI icons for the Arduino Software!

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=166737.0

Hi,

I haven't used the Arduino in a while and upgraded to your latest ERW. Still great!

Note: A lack of space for programming lines against the left window wall is back. Would you please add a character space or two at the beginning of each line? That is for all lines not just adjusting the "indent".

The programming lines are so very close to the left window margin that it is distracting to try to program.

--- I did scroll the bar to left.

win7 64 bit, same problem as others, just get splash screen then nothing. ran the arduino.exe --l4j-debug and same thing, splash screen no output
regular arduino works
suggestions?

bstott:
Hi,

I haven't used the Arduino in a while and upgraded to your latest ERW. Still great!

Note: A lack of space for programming lines against the left window wall is back. Would you please add a character space or two at the beginning of each line? That is for all lines not just adjusting the "indent".

The programming lines are so very close to the left window margin that it is distracting to try to program.

--- I did scroll the bar to left.

Yeah I noticed that too, I will try to check it (even better if you post it in the github :D)

yosemite:
win7 64 bit, same problem as others, just get splash screen then nothing. ran the arduino.exe --l4j-debug and same thing, splash screen no output
regular arduino works
suggestions?

Open a console prompt with admin privileges, then arduino.exe --l4j-debug and paste here the log that pops in the directory of the exe

great work! Thanks. Windows8 open slowly Arduino before and everytime an error occoured. I love it. I hope you can buy pepsi glass whatever I dont know what it is :slight_smile:
I will donate, thanks for your work.

great work! Thanks. Windows8 open slowly Arduino before and everytime an error occoured. I love it. I hope you can buy pepsi glass whatever I dont know what it is :slight_smile:
I will donate, thanks for your work.

This Program is AWESOME!!!!!! So much better than the original!!!!!

Could you guys try and create a version that allows the changing of the background colour and changing of the font colours. (similar to jgrasp)

:slight_smile:

hi
maybe it sounds stupid but I want to ask we only download and install just one of the three recommendations that appear in the first site right?
I have windows 8 and I am getting a message avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 I was expecting it would be resolved but nothing hApened any idea??
thanx indeed

Looks nice. I will certainly give this a go ...
however I do not think I would refer to anything that requires " .Net Framework 4.0 " as lite.

Mircorsofts's runtime environment is huge and requires updating (full replacement) on a monthly basis.

daverin:
This Program is AWESOME!!!!!! So much better than the original!!!!!

Could you guys try and create a version that allows the changing of the background colour and changing of the font colours. (similar to jgrasp)

:slight_smile:

Thanks daverin! Pepsi is a cola drink :slight_smile: (it is like the Enhanced version of the Coca cola)

konsarna:
hi
maybe it sounds stupid but I want to ask we only download and install just one of the three recommendations that appear in the first site right?
I have windows 8 and I am getting a message avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 I was expecting it would be resolved but nothing hApened any idea??
thanx indeed

The error you are reporting it is too generic, the board is not responding, if is properly installed and visible as a com port to windows, then it might be something in the board itself (firmware).

lewtwo:
Looks nice. I will certainly give this a go ...
however I do not think I would refer to anything that requires " .Net Framework 4.0 " as lite.

Mircorsofts's runtime environment is huge and requires updating (full replacement) on a monthly basis.

The .Net framework never changes or updates, every version is completely isolated. You can see every version you have in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework

I know it is big (not sure if ~100 MB is 'big' for today's standards) but makes much pleasant the addition of things to the IDE, so I really don't want to remove it (I can, but that requires re-coding some small additions in Java).

eried:
The .Net framework never changes or updates, every version is completely isolated. You can see every version you have in:

I know it is big (not sure if ~100 MB is 'big' for today's standards) but makes much pleasant the addition of things to the IDE, so I really don't want to remove it (I can, but that requires re-coding some small additions in Java).

"I know it is big (not sure if ~100 MB is 'big' for today's standards)"
I have versions 3.5 and 4.0 on my current systems (and I would have sworn that V2 was there as well). On my system v4.0 is 190 Mbytes (not including anything they stuff in the system directory at the same time).

"The .Net framework never changes.."

On 12 April 2010, the final version of .NET Framework 4.0 was launched alongside the final release of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
On 18 April 2011, version 4.0.1 was released supporting some customer-demanded fixes for Windows Workflow Foundation.[21] Its design-time component, which requires Visual Studio 2010 SP1, adds a workflow state machine designer.[22]
On 19 October 2011, version 4.0.2 was released supporting some new features of Microsoft SQL Server.[23]
This does not include the Alphas and Betas or "security patches" nor the most recent update 4.0.3 (I think that is the most recent).

The thing I HATE about .NET is that it does now just update the changed files ... they replace the ENTIRE package and it takes place when you shut down the computer because MS Update only downloads the install stub. So then you have to wait for it to complete.

MUTE point

"but makes much pleasant the addition of things to the IDE, so I really don't want to remove it (I can, but that requires re-coding some small additions in Java)."
I certain it does. I do not mean to recommend, suggest or promote removing it.
Just saying if something requires .net then the "LITE" word might be subject to question.

By the way, You did a good job. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well, yes, you may apply some security patches (MS sucks compressing stuff, but I doubt that the patches are the whole 190 MB again), what I wanted to express is that if you have the version 4.0 of the Framework, the applications using 4.0 will always run much like you have the Java runtime in the Arduino right now, it never needs to be updated or replaced if you don't want to.

It is not like an app store, or xbox live that it requires to be updated and replaced to keep some functionality: I still use the same untouched .net 4 built in Windows 8 from last year. But I understand your concerns, many years ago I was against .Net because in my mind, was just so wasteful (I started with Macromedia Flash and old Visual Basic in high school, so the generated "runnable" things were always lightweight, macromedia exe bundled or vb including the runtime dll), but .Net is modern and well architected, if mono was reliable to create a bundle I would make a lightweight version in no time.

Is the com port failure detect/reset wrapper function for avrdude still in the latest version? I had a play with your version 1.0.5 under Win7 x64 and I was getting regular "misses" on the USB virtual com port, requiring a physical unplug/plug cycle to correct. Tedious (but fairly normal, I know.)

However, your "wrapper" solution used to detect this and offer a soft reset, which lowered the tedium factor significantly (worth several Pepsis! :grin:). Has this been phased out for some reason? Or is there something odd with my install?

pico:
Is the com port failure detect/reset wrapper function for avrdude still in the latest version? I had a play with your version 1.0.5 under Win7 x64 and I was getting regular "misses" on the USB virtual com port, requiring a physical unplug/plug cycle to correct. Tedious (but fairly normal, I know.)

However, your "wrapper" solution used to detect this and offer a soft reset, which lowered the tedium factor significantly (worth several Pepsis! :grin:). Has this been phased out for some reason? Or is there something odd with my install?

It is still there, with a few tweaks. Can you enable verbose and post here the output when it fails?

The port will be checked if the arguments when calling avrdude don't contains: "-cavr109" but they contain portPrefix = @"-P\.\COM", baudsPrefix = "-b":
https://github.com/eried/Arduino/blob/master/erw/csharp/AvrDudeReset/Program.cs

I think the ignore was just to avoid Leonardo issues on some people. Maybe the port is actually responding, the wrapper just tries to open the port, but does not test about the validity of the responses. If you can open the port in another terminal like HTERM, then your problem is a new one.

yosemite:
regular arduino works
suggestions?

Had the same behaviour (Light version without Java runtime on Win7 64bit). I had both jre 7_25 installed, 32 and 64 bit. After removing the 64bit JRE it is working now! Is there anything requiring 64bit Java anyway?

PS: Updated to jre 1.7.0_40 32bit, also working.

launch4j.log:

CmdLine: C:\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\arduino.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64: yes
Working dir: C:\Arduino ERW 1.0.5.
Bundled JRE: java
Check launcher: C:\Arduino ERW 1.0.5\java\bin\javaw.exe (n/a)
64-bit search: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment...
32-bit search: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment...
Ignore: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7
Match: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.7.0_40
64-bit search: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit...
32-bit search: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit...
Check launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Add classpath: lib\pde.jar
Add classpath: lib\core.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna.jar
Add classpath: lib\ecj.jar
Add classpath: lib\RXTXcomm.jar
Launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args: -Xms256m -Xmx512m -classpath "lib;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\ecj.jar;lib\RXTXcomm.jar" processing.app.Base
Args length: 120/32768 chars
Exit code: 259

Been waiting for this. Thanks for releasing it so quickly! Cheers! :slight_smile: