can´t connect an Arduino Mega 2560 with XBEE

Hi, can´t connect an Arduino Mega 2560 with the program XCTU.

When I press the "Test/Query" button a message appears "Unable to communicate with modem".

If I enable the API option other message appears:

And in modem configuration if I press "Read" appears an error message.

I tried to solve the problem with this information I found in the Digi forum:

You should look at the bottom of the RF module and see which model you have. Then in X-CTU select the correct modem model and click show defaults. it sounds like your RF radio is configured for API mode. You may want to select the correct modem type and load one of the other firmwares like the router AT so you can use the terminal program to test the device. You should click on Download new versions so you have the latest firmware version for you RF modem, and also make sure you have always update firmware checked.

But I doesn’t work. I don’t know if I have to press write or something similar but It doesn’t work.

So I don’t know what I have to do.
Thank you

Well the Arduino is not an XBee modem is it?

What are you trying to do?

I think I didn't express myself properly. I want to connect my computer with an arduino board with a mounted XBEE on it.

Ultimately I want to send information from 1 xbee to another, but the problem now is that I connect the arduino (with an XBEE plugged on it) to the computer and interact with the XBEE.

but the problem now is that I connect the arduino (with an XBEE plugged on it) to the computer and interact with the XBEE.

Well with that configuration, you cannot connect directly to the XBee as the serial port used by the XBee is the same one used by the arduino.

You can still configure the XBee with AT commands if that is what you want to do.
You want to use a USB to serial adaptor to connect to the XBee if you want to configure the device using X-CTU.

Thank you very much, I will try that :slight_smile: