My XBee/Arduino based Wireless Sensor Network

Finally clicked the "publish" button and I'm hoping some people over here might enjoy reading about this sort of project :slight_smile:
Any feedback is very welcome!

Arduino Project 10 (2D/3D pictures) – My XBee/Arduino based Wireless Sensor Network (Uno/Mega 2560, 1.0, XBee Series 2)

http://www.makechronicles.com/2012/06/08/arduino-project-10-2d3d-pictures-my-xbeearduino-based-wireless-sensor-network-unomega-2560-1-0-xbee-series-2/

Peter

Very nice work and well documented.

+1

I see your thinking of moving to PICs, have you considered the LPC ARMs? You can (soon) get them down to 20 (even 16) pins with a full 32-bit core.

Rob

I am new in Zigbee API apps. But, as far as I read your project, I can say that it is very nice project, exciting...

One week ago I found your project on the net (under Arduino node scanning tag). Since that moment I am almost all the time trying to make one coordinator node to talk with one router node. In attach, you will see how I tried to.

The router and one Xbee explorer work acceptable, but not with Arduino coordinator.

I also have some questions. First, in my case xbee.begin(9600) return error (no matching function for call to 'XBee::begin(int)'). How so? I wrote the sequence: Serial.begin(9600); xbee.begin(Serial). No error, but...

You organized your sending data in 10 bytes. The 9-th is the node ID (E = text[9]). It is sent by the nodes. How it is built?

Thank you in advance! Mircea

arhitectura de comunicatie.ppt (445 KB)

NIce! It's good to see other people automating their stuff. That's actually becoming my life's work......sigh.

That's actually becoming my life's work......sigh.

So I see, I read your blog occasionally to see what you're up to next :slight_smile:

As I see you try various "cosm" style offerings You may get a kick out of this site

http://paulalting.com/hydrosolar/hydrosolar.php#turbine

Really flash gauges.

Rob

Man, that guy really has some nice gauges. I want one of those in my car.

Yeah they look good. I think he gets them from here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84552/SteelSeries/SteelSeries.html

But I haven't asked how you use them.

Rob

Thanks,
Though the real thanks should go to a few other guys who really put a lot of their time into developing the code that underlies what I have done.

Draythomp, I have visited your blog on occasions recently and I can say that some of what I read from your site has helped shape what I am doing.
So I guess you have had input too.

There is still much to be done with what I am doing, more coding, more data presentation, more trending with controls for history and so on.
Also, I want to write up more about what my setup consists of and how it works for people to get an understanding of.
Essentially I live off the grid, and my skills lay in electronics, IT as well as industrial automation systems design help me pull this together.

So, you want one for the car, I wonder, an electric car maybe?

Wow, that was quick Rob, that's the site you can take at look at the various gauges and how you can configure them.
If you're interested, I'll dig up where I got the javascript files from, they are open source, which is what I like.

Paul

Hah, got the nice gauges to work. Turns out, they're not too hard; there's just too darn many options and it makes it look hard.

You folks down under, thanks a lot for the pointers.

No problems, they look good don't they.

Re the iFrames and Chrome, with FireFox it looks fine.

Rob

Hi Dave, nice work with the new gauge on your blog site, I like the pointer you chose.

Yes, there are many options with using these gauges, colours and styling and then with many little extras to show more than just the pointer, so a bit of code.
If you don't want the gauges to roll more like real analog gauges, just leave out the tween library and call the appropriate function to not animate.
I don't know of another good looking gauge that can cram in so much display information in the one dial.

You need to be aware that they do use the html canvas element and as such will only display on HTML5 compliant browsers.
Yesterday I had a friend look at my web site using FireFox version 12 and the dial gets painted on the canvas but it didn't get up dated with the gauge data, so all he saw was NaN.
As soon as he upgraded to FireFox 17 all was good.
So, for my web site I would like to do some browser checking and let the viewer know that it is going to work or not.

Please tell me there are no people out there that still use old Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers?

Anyhow, for others, if you are interested in these fancy gauges take a look here Harmonic Code: steelseries
I think the guy lives in the south of Germany, near Basel (not far from the Black Forest, good motorbike riding).
He has developed these gauges for Javascript and also in Java Swing and he has also got better looking ones in the JFXtras project, which I really like.

Maybe we can start a new thread for this stuff?

Paul