New arduino website

My new arduino website will hopefully be up in a week or so (just waiting on the hosting side and getting a few more pages done)

It will contain (among other things):
A comprehensive list of arduino shields, prototype and production
A list of arduino boards including all copies, compatible boards and fakes
A list of arduino projects (want to see if the project you are going to undertake has been done before? take a look!)
A list of libraries (with info on which hardware they work with and links to test code and projects)
And a store selling my laser cut arduino covers, acrylic bezels etc and also prototype boards from various creators. I am also hoping to distibute arduino boards and sparkfun products in the UK.

Anyway enough about the site. I have a question for you:
What is my domain name? Whoever guesses first can get themself a cover for their choice of arduino and an acrylic stand for an LCD.

(hint: it's not mowcius.co.uk although I have that as well)

The website is not currently up yet so you cannot search for it that way...

PM me with an answer :slight_smile:

Mowcius

Cant wait for the site to launch, those laser cut arduino covers are sexy as hell!

Can't wait!

Also, a little hint please: Is it a co.uk extension? Or do we not include that with out guess? :wink:

Just seen your from Yorkshire....So can I change my answer to something with whippet in it ;D

Also, a little hint please: Is it a co.uk extension? Or do we not include that with out guess?

Ahh now that would be telling wouldn't it. The extension is required in your guess.

Just seen your from Yorkshire....So can I change my answer to something with whippet in it

Well i'm not originally from Yorkshire :stuck_out_tongue:

Mowcius

Well from your vast number of hints, I guess:

Buy_My_Ardunino_Stuff_And_Make_Me_Rich.com ;D

Lefty

You said whoever guesses first can get the items. That would mean retrolefty won (although it may not be correct).

Jk. I know what you mean (guesses that are correct).

The correct guess would be:
Mowduino.co.uk

Are we allowed more than one guess? And just thinking of it, how did you ever come up with the name mowcius? :smiley: :-?

A list of arduino projects (want to see if the project you are going to undertake has been done before? take a look!)

You will be a busy person, keeping this up to date. :smiley:

1 post (for next one's url inclusion)

Congrats man!

moweduino.cc
moweduino.co.uk
arduicus.cc :wink:
aiaduino.cc (all in all arduino!)

Cheers,
Pracas

Wow, I haven't seen this much fun going on sense the SparkFun $100 give away. :sunglasses:

Lefty

Just tried to be cheeky and put your IP form mowcius.co.uk though myipneighbors.com on the basis you may have got both domains at the same place (123-reg.co.uk), unfortunately the Data has not migrated from 123-reg.co.uk, assume they are still pending.....so the list of 1000s of websites on the 194.154.164.82 IP I was going to send you to claim my prise dose not contain mowcius.co.uk or the new arduino one yet :cry:

Even read your bloody twitter feeds on the off-chance there was a hint......I REALLY WANT THAT ACRYLIC COVER!!! ;D

LOL at n00b I did the same thing. I just gave up and said I wasn't going to guess :P.

well, to make the next one who tries the same as me give up hope already now: Using google to search the Registrants on Domaintools for the same registrant who own mowcius.co.uk fails as well... so thats a no go as well ;0)

Face it, mowcius had a great idea with doing a new Arduino page, but even a better one to let us search for the domain name, because NOW he can simply browse through the best ideas and take the one he likes most to register it ,0)

Using google to search the Registrants on Domaintools for the same registrant who own mowcius.co.uk fails as well...

Well it is registered but it has not come through on nominet to me yet. If you find what it is then my name is on there :stuck_out_tongue:

Face it, mowcius had a great idea with doing a new Arduino page, but even a better one to let us search for the domain name, because NOW he can simply browse through the best ideas and take the one he likes most to register it

Well that is a good idea but as I said, it is registered allready. Maybe I should register a few more domains just to confuse you all! ;D

You will be a busy person, keeping this up to date.

Yeah should be fun!

Wow, I haven't seen this much fun going on sense the SparkFun $100 give away.

:wink: Nice!

You said whoever guesses first can get the items. That would mean retrolefty won (although it may not be correct).

Arghh well picky picky :stuck_out_tongue:
The first correct guess

No correct answers yet :sunglasses:

Mowcius

Wow, I haven't seen this much fun going on sense the SparkFun $100 give away.

Mowcius has started a $100 give away?! Wow! I heard a rumor to that effect. Oh, wait, I started it. ;D

mowci.us ?
mowcius.cc ?

Please give us a hint.
Does it have anything to do with the name mowcius?
Is the name based off of arduino in any way?
If you had to rate the complexity of your domain name from 1-10 (10 hardest) what would it be.

Ex. A 1 would be arduino.com, a 5 would be duemilanove.co.uk. A 10 would be something unexpected and creative like sparkfun.com

If its along the lines of sparkfun or adafruit then we'll never get it :cry:

Please help us, we're suffering :cry: :cry: :cry:

Umm ok, it does not include mowcius.

It includes arduino, or some basis on that at least.
(currently an email has been sent to the arduino team people to check that I can use the domain)

I would give it a 4-6 or something like that on your wierd scale :wink:

I will let you suffer the rest out though.

You never know, it might crop up, if you search for other domains I own, soon (I dunno when that will happen - I would have expected it by now)

Mowcius has started a $100 give away?! Wow! I heard a rumor to that effect. Oh, wait, I started it.

Umm unfortunately I don't have quite that much money to be throwing around! An arduino cover and LCD stand giveaway though :wink:

Mowcius

A teaser of the start of my arduino shields list. So far I've got less than half of the ones I know about on it. :wink: