Water Pressure Sensor needed !

First, Where I can find this sensor ?
Where I can get one ?

The output is differential, so I suggest you use an instrumentation amplifier to amplify it, for example http://uk.farnell.com/analog-devices/ad623anz/ic-instr-amp-800khz-110db-8dip/dp/9603700. It's a ratiometric device, so for best accuracy, Vref for the Arduino ADC should be the same supply that is powering the transducer (e.g. +5V).

Thank all for helping.. But I still don't know what is this decent sensor.. and where i can get one !?
And about this one http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DKSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=NSCDANN150PGUNV , i think this one easier in using.. I can connect in directly to analog pin.. Right ?

Albatroon:
Thank all for helping.. But I still don't know what is this decent sensor.. and where i can get one !?
And about this one http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DKSearch/dksus.dll?vendor=0&keywords=NSCDANN150PGUNV , i think this one easier in using.. I can connect in directly to analog pin.. Right ?

No, the output from that sensor is only 25mV at full pressure. That's why I suggested you use an instrumentation amplifier with it.

Albatroon:
Hello,

I am searching for a water pressure sensor, with a 0~15 bar rating. easy to interface with arduino.. any ideas ?

Thanks all

I use Grainger.com p/n 5LRX0 for my pool This only goes to 30 psi but they have similar models that go higher. It has 1-5 volt output that's easy to use with arduino.

dc42:

Albatroon:

No, the output from that sensor is only 25mV at full pressure. That's why I suggested you use an instrumentation amplifier with it.

Thanks.. I'll try it..

ScottG:
I use Grainger.com p/n 5LRX0 for my pool This only goes to 30 psi but they have similar models that go higher. It has 1-5 volt output that's easy to use with arduino.

little high price.. but i'll give it ashot.. thanks

Here's one with a built-in amplifier: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/P51-200-G-B-I36-4.5V-000-000/734-1008-ND/1665769.

dc42:
Here's one with a built-in amplifier: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/P51-200-G-B-I36-4.5V-000-000/734-1008-ND/1665769.

Before I order this one.. just for Confirmation.. This sensor will work with water & I can connect directly to Arduino?
Right ?

I've only skimmed through the datasheet, so I suggest you read it more thoroughly to determine whether it meets your requirements. You might also like to look at the Product Training Modules that are linked to on that page. I picked the 200psi version because it's closest to your original requirement of ~15 bar range. There are other sensors in the same range that might meet your requirements better, see http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=ffec5663.

The one you linked to meets my requirements.. I'll order them.. Thanks

I think I'm a little bit late. I like these water pressure sensors: MS5803 - Serie digitaler Absolutdrucksensoren bis 1 / 2 / 5 / 14 / 30 bar - Amsys GmbH & Co. KG

This sensor will work with water & I can connect directly to Arduino?

I have used several of these SSI units for water pressure regulation. 50 PSI and 100 PSI units with either .5-4.5v or 4-20ma outputs.
They are a good but economical units. Just be careful when you mount them (as with other makes) that the orifice is pointing downwards as bits of sediment, grit, etc tend to settle inside and build up on the diaphram ruining the accuracy of the sensor.

One last question.. What is the difference between the Absolute sensors and the Gauge sensors.. what I found that the Gauge sensors can't read pressure at 0 PSI, only Absolute can do this.. I found this :

Found Here : http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/en/tod/SSI/P51-Pressure-Measurement_NoAudio/P51-Pressure-Measurement_NoAudio.html page 5

Will I use Absolute sensors ? will do the job ?
Will give a accurate measurement from 0 pressure to maximum sensor rate ?
Or just use Gauges ?

Thank all

For most applications it is the pressure above atmospheric that counts (e.g. in determining flow rate, if the water flows to a tank that is not sealed); so the vented gauge sensor is usually most appropriate.

One last question.. What is the difference between the Absolute sensors and the Gauge sensors.. what I found that the Gauge sensors can't read pressure at 0 PSI, only Absolute can do this.. I found this :

First PSI is an incomplete, lazy, units of pressure measurement, it relies on assumption. Units should be specified as either psig. psid or psia. where:
psig = a pressure measurement made relative to standard atmospheric pressure
psid = a pressure measurement relative to the difference between two applied pressures
psia = a absolute pressure measurement relative to a perfect vacuum (0 psia) on the low side port.

So lets step back and talk about how pressure sensors work. They are all 'two port' pressure sensors where what is being measured is the pressure difference between two pressure sensing ports. On some the two ports are accessible to the user, and on most only the 'high side' pressure sensing port is brought out for user attachment.

Pressure sensors that are called differential pressure sensors bring those two ports outside the sensor for the user to hook up to. If you applied 100 psia to one port (the low side port) and 101 psia to the other (high side ) port, the sensor would report a 1 psid pressure measurement.

Pressure sensors that are called gauge pressure sensor have their low side port vented to atmosphere but not brought out for user attachment, so the low side port will always 'feel' whatever barometric pressure there is at the time, typically a nominal 14.7 psia. The high side port is where the user attaches his desired measurement pressure, and if left unattached to anything the sensor will report a 0 psig pressure measurement. And if 50 psia is applied to the sensing port then the sensor will report a 35.3 psig measurement.

Pressure sensors that are called absolute pressure sensors have their internal low side port evacuated and then sealed to as perfect a vacuum as they can obtain so 0 psia. The high side port is what the users attaches to and if left unconnected the absolute pressure sensor will report a 14.7 psia measurement which is nominal atmospheric pressure.

So check your pressure sensor product description carefully and if it just says it measures PSI then you should check it's datasheet to make sure what kind of pressure sensor it is. All pressure sensors with two exposed pressure taps are differential pressure sensors, and sensors with one pressure port can be either an absolute pressure sensor or a gauge pressure sensor. Know what you are working with and what you require. Any sensor needing to measure barometric pressure needs to be a absolute pressure sensor. And of course most single port pressure sensors are of the gauge pressure type.

Lefty

dc42:
For most applications it is the pressure above atmospheric that counts (e.g. in determining flow rate, if the water flows to a tank that is not sealed); so the vented gauge sensor is usually most appropriate.

Thanks for clarification.

retrolefty:

First PSI is an incomplete, lazy, units of pressure measurement, it relies on assumption. Units should be specified as either psig. psid or psia. where:
psig = a pressure measurement made relative to standard atmospheric pressure
psid = a pressure measurement relative to the difference between to applied pressures
psia = a absolute pressure measurement relative to a perfect vacuum (0 psia) on the low side port.

So lets step back and talk about how pressure sensors work. They are all 'two port' pressure sensors where what is being measured is the pressure difference between two pressure sensing ports. On some the two ports are accessible to the user, and on most only the 'high side' pressure sensing port is brought out for user attachment.

Pressure sensors that are called differential pressure sensors bring those two ports outside the sensor for the user to hook up to. If you applied 100 psia to one port (the low side port) and 101 psia to the other (high side ) port, the sensor would report a 1 psid pressure measurement.

Pressure sensors that are called gauge pressure sensor have their low side port vented to atmosphere but not brought out for user attachment, so the low side port will always 'feel' whatever barometric pressure there is at the time, typically a nominal 14.7 psia. The high side port is where the user attaches his desired measurement pressure, and if left unattached to anything the sensor will report a 0 psig pressure measurement. And if 50 psia is applied to the sensing port then the sensor will report a 35.3 psig measurement.

Pressure sensors that are called absolute pressure sensors have their internal low side port evacuated and then sealed to as perfect a vacuum as they can obtain so 0 psia. The high side port is what the users attaches to and if left unconnected the absolute pressure sensor will report a 14.7 psia measurement which is nominal atmospheric pressure.

So check your pressure sensor product description carefully and if it just says it measures PSI then you should check it's datasheet to make sure what kind of pressure sensor it is. All pressure sensors with two exposed pressure taps are differential pressure sensors, and sensors with one pressure port can be either an absolute pressure sensor or a gauge pressure sensor. Know what you are working with and what you require. Any sensor needing to measure barometric pressure needs to be a absolute pressure sensor. And of course most single port pressure sensors are of the gauge pressure type.

Lefty

Wow! A lot of knowledge you just passed to me.
Its first time to work with this type of sensors.. So Really thanks for making everything clear to me.

@Albatroon how did the project go?
I am looking for a water pressure meter with IoT capability, and it looks like I have to build one myself

Controlling pressure in such a system is not going to be easy - if your downstream solenoids are shut , how will you reduce the inlet pressure to them if there is no flow ?
Also when the flow is running and suddenly stops how will you prevent over pressuring the valves .
Google water hammer too !

DerekC:
@Albatroon how did the project go?
I am looking for a water pressure meter with IoT capability, and it looks like I have to build one myself

Connect a MS5837 (or the older but possibly cheaper MS5803) to an ESP8266 (e.g. NodeMCU for prototyping). There may be other sensors that can do the same, depending on your application - e.g. is it through the wall of a pipe, or fully submerged. The sensors I suggested are meant for the second option.

hammy:
Controlling pressure in such a system is not going to be easy

You're responding messages from over four years ago!