My computer wont recignize My arduino uno

First off, Im new to the arduino system. I got my first one ever yesterday for my birthday. Anyway, I got a little anxious and decided to plug it into an Apple iPad usb wall charger. At the time I did not realise it, but in the past things (such as usb hubs) have gotton broken from getting plugged into it. Is their any chance thats why my computer wont recognize it?

Thanks,
Timothy J Powell

Tpowell0201:
First off, Im new to the arduino system. I got my first one ever yesterday for my birthday. Anyway, I got a little anxious and decided to plug it into an Apple iPad usb wall charger. At the time I did not realise it, but in the past things (such as usb hubs) have gotton broken from getting plugged into it. Is their any chance thats why my computer wont recognize it?

You will need to share some details with us. What platform are you using with the Arduino device? Which Arduino?

The USB charger only supplies power. It should not hurt the Arduino.

If your computer does not recognize the Arduino, try this:

Do not use the computer's USB power. Power up the Arduino before connecting to the computer's USB port. Powering-up the Arduino while at the same time connecting to the USB port does not allow the Arduino's circuitry and software time to settle to a state that will allow it to negotiate with the computer's USB port.

When you get the 'not in sync' error, disconnect and reconnect the USB port.

Hi there,

I'm really new at this.

I see this is an old post but I am having the same problem and I've tried videos and different sources as well and nothing seems to work.

At least now its showing the COM port and the Arduino. Now I follow the steps and search in the drivers folder and it still cant find it. =(

Any suggestions please?