[SOLVED] MCP4131 pots using less digital pins

Nick,

I must say thank you for the extremely quick response and my apologies for not being as detailed as necessary. I work in the IT field and understand specifics help in the troubleshooting stages of a problem and will work on getting better with that.

Yes, I am using SPI and have opened the link you provided below and will definitely give that a more detailed read.

I understand that each chip should have a MOSI/MISO/SCK pin, however, this specific chip uses MOSI/MISO (SDI/SDO) on the same pin. Does this change anything in your opinion? One post I find myself going back to on another blog site mentioned they had to put a 4.7K ohm resistor on the SDI/SDO pin to actually make it work.

Thank you again for your quick response and the information (assuming) from your site.

Regards,

-Partie

Edit: After reading the datasheet for the specific chip again, maybe my problem is misunderstanding MOSI/MISO vs SDI/SDO? I don't know. I'll take a more in-depth look at your article and will come back with any further questions, if any.