Go Down

Topic: Due appears as COM6 port but gives error "No device found on COM6" on upload (Read 48566 times) previous topic - next topic

marcovansteen

Hey Willie,

You're The Man !!

This is exactly what fixed it in my situation.
In my setup I pulled the RX0 pin down to GND with a 1 kOhm resistor.

Aparently the 16U2 can pull this RX pin to GND using IC10.
Apart from the programming issue, to me it looks a bit "rude" to short an input and possibly overload external devices sending into RX pin.

Another suspect thing is the timing of IC10 especially since the input and "not(output enable) pins are shorted. Now the propagataion delay will determine what happens.
When the input (net 16U2-TX) toggles from low to high, the output may go: low->high->high-Z. With a pull-down resistor the high-Z becomes 'low'. so low->high->low instead of an intended low->high-Z.
Maybe this corrupts the SAM's UART state.
Any way this is just a theory that I did not test.

Marco

Dmitry_Ai

Sorry, but I didn't found the answer if I have a problem "No device found on COM3" what I need to do.

:(

May be I don't understand some of topics?

I tried to press "erase" and "reset" but nothing happens.

JDS3D

Hi all I'm new to here I just wanted to post what worked for me. So I have been printing with arduinos for awhile now and have been using a due with my own modified and diy built ramps fd v2.2. It had been working just fine for months, then I upgraded windows 10 from 1607 to 1703 and it stopped loading code. I kept getting error no device found on com3. The weird thing was if I hooked it up to my wife's all in one with 1607 it would load fine. I played around with it for days and finally stumbled across this, I loaded the arduinos isp example code through the native port and then tried it on the programming port and what do you know I was able to load code! So then I tried my repetier firmware and it worked! Thanks I hope this works for others.

Capiten87

Hi all I'm new to here I just wanted to post what worked for me. So I have been printing with arduinos for awhile now and have been using a due with my own modified and diy built ramps fd v2.2. It had been working just fine for months, then I upgraded windows 10 from 1607 to 1703 and it stopped loading code. I kept getting error no device found on com3. The weird thing was if I hooked it up to my wife's all in one with 1607 it would load fine. I played around with it for days and finally stumbled across this, I loaded the arduinos isp example code through the native port and then tried it on the programming port and what do you know I was able to load code! So then I tried my repetier firmware and it worked! Thanks I hope this works for others.
Hi

Can you tell us what repetier firmware are you talking about?

Is it the batch 30 cycle thing?

Can you post the code please ^^

Cheers, Luís Pereira.

Tillinn

Hi all.
I bought the Arduino Due R3 from aliexpress a while back and just now wanted to try it out.
I have made some minor projects with my uno with everything going fine.
I changed my board on the IDE (1.8.5) using the SAM (1.6.11) and in the bottom of the IDE it says: "Arduino Due (Programming Port) on COM8" but when I try to upload sketch I have the same problem as before. It says "No device found on COM8 An error occured while uploading the sketch".

As a total amateur and beginer hobbyist I don't have the means/skill to mesure the R23 let alone replace/short it.

It works with the Erase/Reset solution but I think that is kind of tedious.

Is there something with the current version of windows 10 (1703) that is cousing this issue?

Please keep posting and let us know if you find a solution.

Go Up