A basic grammar mistake

Hello,
Looking at the reference section http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows
there is a mistake in the use of English grammar.
"it's" should be "its".
The rule is that "it's" means "it is" whereas "its" means the possessive of it
Henri

true, unfortunately there are more bugs/errors in the reference and tutorial section but these have low prio

Please be a bit tolerant of such things. Not everyone here is a native english speaker, and not many of us native english speakers are English Majors.

And moderators cannot make updates. If it's in the Playground anyone can make fixes.

Most of the mistakes I have seen in writing on websites and forum are words that are used quite often in the English language. Most of them fall into the homophones category. I see a lot of forum that contain these common mistakes.

"I see a lot of forum that contain these common mistakes."

forums? fori?

Lot of posters here speak english as 2nd language. I don't fret over about it if the meaning is clear. Sometimes you do have to ask what is meant tho.

"I see a lot of forum that contain these common mistakes."

forums? fori?

Fora

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

kf2qd:
Please be a bit tolerant of such things. Not everyone here is a native english speaker, and not many of us native english speakers are English Majors.

There is a difference between "being tolerant" and "ignoring the error"... In my view, the OP is just pointing out something that could be improved with very little effort... I don't see any intolerance there.

Agreed about needing little effort. But we are not provided with the capability to make those corrections. Only The Arduino Team as identified on the home page can do that. Just roll with it.

IMO There are more serious things to be concerned with.

If we are nit picking on grammer/spelling, this error message should be fixed:

The sketch name had to be modified. Sketch names can only consist
of ASCII characters and numbers (but cannot start with a number).
They should also be less less than 64 characters long.

They should also be less less than 64 characters long.

Quite right - should be "fewer fewer than 64 characters long"