Integrating arduino UNO and ip cam DCS 2210 with digital I/O

Hi,
i'm going to buy this ip cam
http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/business-solutions/ip-surveillance/onvif/dcs-2210-full-hd-poe-day-night-camera

it has and External Device Interface (1 DI / 1 DO)

Do you think it is possible to use it with Arduino ?
I'd' like to use GSM shield in such a way that i'll have a phone call when the ip cam detects a motion.

thanks in advance for your help!
Carlo

Did you read all the documents ?

The DI and DO pins might only be controlled by the software on the PC.
If the camera itself can set DO output for a certain condition, that might be a nice extra.

With the GSM shield you can let the Arduino sms or make a call for any input signals. The camera output of course, but also extra PIR sensors, or radar detectors, or switches, noise level, vibrations, and so on.

Peter_n:
Did you read all the documents ?

The DI and DO pins might only be controlled by the software on the PC.
If the camera itself can set DO output for a certain condition, that might be a nice extra.

In page 48 and page 58 of this document

there are more details..can you help me? How can i understand if the camera can set DO output?

The DI seems to have an internal pulldown, and I don't know the value.
But a protection resistors of 150 ohm should be okay. The Arduino output to 150 ohm resistor, and from the resistor to DI and connect the grounds.

The DO is an open-drain output. You can set the Arduino input as INPUT_PULLUP or add a 4k7 pullup resistor yourself.

But if the camera is able as standalone device to set DO when an event occurs ? I'm still not sure about that. When I read the text it seems possible.