Clear plastic boxes from Dollar tree

Picked up two of them for a dollar each. Good for storing tools. Better than shoe boxes.

You should go back there and pick up several more at that price; at some point, you're going to wish you had.

The thing I noticed when I redid my shop and organization of it, was that selecting and using a whole mess of the -exact- same storage containers was paramount to the organization of everything. In my case, I used three different sizes, but I picked up a bunch of each (one size was about a shoebox size, the next one was about double that, and the next was large enough to hold large components like motherboards and the like). All told, I probably spent close to $200.00 on storage alone (but I really don't know for certain).

Now - I'm not saying you have to do any great spending like that. I'm just noting what worked for me; prior to that, I had a mishmash collection of boxes, containers, etc. Once I standardized on the containers (plus on Stack-On multi-drawers) - it all worked beautifully...

:slight_smile:

I'll get some more boxes then :slight_smile: I don't have a house. I would buy maybe 12 if I had a house and workshop.

liudr:
I'll get some more boxes then :slight_smile: I don't have a house. I would buy maybe 12 if I had a house and workshop.

Well - it's just something to be aware of if you are a person who like organization to help you find stuff later; I tend to be this way to a great amount - I believe that everything should have a well defined place, and it bothers me when stuff isn't put away in the place it was originally at. I know not everybody is like this, though.

The nice thing about such boxes, though, is that empty they nest easily inside each other, then stack all the lids on top of the nested stack, and its fairly compact.

Oh - one other thing (especially if you have a bunch of the same boxes) - a label maker should be used to label your boxes (and, depending on how or what you are storing them on, you may want to make labels for all four sides, and possibly the top as well)...

:slight_smile: