Rotate 5110 display

Hi!

I need to be able to turn the text in the display upside down for an application, and I cant find a way to do it. I am using the Henning Karlsen lib. I'm not clever enough to figure it out myself :smiley:

Plase help me!

I did a small (!) hardware rebuild of my thingimybob so I managed to read the display the "correct" way up.

But if there is a way to do this in software, I still want to know for next project!

I didn't want to suggest that you move the pins to the other side or whatever. It sounded a bit too obvious, and a bit too smartarse but it is probably what everybody does, hence no response. I guess it is possible to completely re-write the character set and the pixel-by-pixel cursor control but it is not something you would be proud of, and I'm sure you have done the right thing!

i am also waiting for anyone who can answer it

The PCD8544 display controller does not support rotating the display so it would mean that it would have to be done in software.

I do not plan on adding that to my libraries as it would only slow things down and it is also fairly easy to plan ahead and mount the display module upside down.

/Henning

Takk Henning!

The thing I wanted to do is to make the thick part of the meta lframe on the display facing down, so the project was more "correct designed".

I found a way to change the hardware, next time I'm going to buy one of the 5110 displays that has headerpins in both ends. what I need to make is a small unit, that I can wear like a watch on my arm. I got a few bugs to sort out, and a few small tings to add in my software, and they I'm done. This is th first time ever that I make a project beyond using the arduino, now I design the circiut from scratch! FUN!