Battery Type

I am working my first project a 8 servo(FutabuS3004) quad walker and was wondering what would be a good LiPo battery would be for those? I am using the Mega and that is powered with a small pack I got from Liquidware.

What are you using now for a battery pack (link to the product?) and what is your goal for your next battery pack? I assume you're looking for more run time; detail as to how much run time you have now and how much you want is the question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360507624892
I just got one of these. It's a gamble, I hear sometimes they bloat up or catch fire. But mine seems find so far except that I can't figure out how the indicator lights work.

I dont have any battery as of yet and the servo's voltage run between 4.8-6.0, I was thinking something like 5000mAh 50C 7.4V would do.

I was thinking something like 5000mAh 50C 7.4V would do.

If that is a 2 cell LiPo pack (which I asume from the 7,4V rating) you should rember that when fully charged the voltage will be 8,4V, which is too much for your servos. You will need something like this:

That one is only rated a 3A, which may not be enough, depending on how many servos are used at the same time, and how much load you put on them.

What I was looking at was the below link and thinking just dropping the voltage via a resistor.

oden67:
What I was looking at was the below link and thinking just dropping the voltage via a resistor.

Use a "BEC" (also called "UBEC") as Erni suggested. Definitely do not use a resistor.

The battery pack you have linked is rated at 50C meaning it can discharge 50 times its capacity (in short bursts) or 250 amps. This is way over the amperage you'd need; you can save a little money by finding one with a lower C rating.