Time and TimeAlarms Libraries – Ask here for help or suggestions

Good day all.

Please pardon me with this noob question/request.

I am trying this Time libraries with the samples but I'm always getting the 'time_t' does not name a type and 'set_Time' was not declared in this scope errors while compiling. Please note that I am not much into programming, however, if given a flawless sample, I think I can work through the codes and modify them to achieve what I need.

Here's my task.

Similar to the Alarm sample, I wanted to program my arduino micro paired with a 4-channel relay module to switch 4 different lights, the television and the radio at specific times of the day but differs on each day of the week. I had a previous project that I might be able to use for the television and radio On-Off by Infrared remote control. So all I need is to make the time and alarm work without any other hardware attached.

Could anyone please point me to the right direction as I have around 10 days to complete this project. I am bound to go for a vacation and hoping that with this project, I can keep my house safe from breaking and entering which happened last year.

Providing me with a code to start with will be even better.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

More power to you all.