Guru Meditation?

I've gotten this several times today when replying to a thread:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 568064553

Varnish cache server

Someone needs to poke that guru and get him/her back to work.

Reminds me of my Amiga when it had a senior moment and had to be re-booted. =(

Varnish cache server

Is that a ToDo list reminder?

PaulS:
I've gotten this several times today when replying to a thread

An error from our new Varnish instance, still to be tuned and perfected but which at least granted the availability of the service also yesterday (announcement of Arduino Esplora).

Can you retrieve the URL which generated the issue? Or the procedure driving to that notice?

I had it a couple of times yesterday, but I knew things were happening, so I ignored.

Have you varnished that cache server yet? :wink:

There is still a problem with links to the old forum.
Try this for example

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1285218245/15

I'll varnish servers for cash... though I'd think a nice polyurethane or lacquer would probably be a better choice. Hey, it's your dime, I'll paint it pink with polka dots for a buck. Really. Times are tough out there.

Now, back to trying to become a guru via meditation.

Ohm....Ohm.....Ohmmmmmmmmm

Somehow better: Varnish caches were oversized on our current amount of RAM and slowly saturated all resources, some previous connection failed (Guru Meditation = web server unable to provide fresh contents to first-line cache) and tonight (CET timezone) I found the server completely unable to serve new requests due memory saturation.

Now I've limited size of those buffers and situation reached a new balance, it needs more tuning but at least services are available again after the latest crisis.

Thanks to Nick Gammon to alert me by mail about the recent issue.

Erni:
There is still a problem with links to the old forum.

Old forum has been dismissed in September, most of contents has been placed on the new forum (48808 over 49842 topics) but some of them - as the one linked - produced some technical problem and were leaved behind.