Arduino Somfy Controller android app

I made an project to control all your somfy screens and shades over wifi / web / android phone.
The app can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marquesoft.ArduinoSomfyController&feature=search_result.
And the example sketch here: http://db.tt/i9JdVxQb.

This app is ad free!

At first you can set your Arduino ip and port number in the settingsscreen.

When you hit a button i will send a GET request in the following format: "http://yourip:yourport/?string" , "http://192.168.1.120:80/?11". The arduino retrieves the string that comes after the questionmark? and send back a simple html line that will show up in the browser view in on the phone.

To control the screens you connect some relays to your somfy remote as in the pictures below. Some simple soldering on the remote is needed.

I hope you can use this app in you arduino project.
If you have recommandetions or found any bugs please let me know.
When you like it please give it a rating on google play.

Pictures of the somfy remotes connected to the relays:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29369544/Dev/Somfy%20controller%20Pro/2013-10-24%2014.39.01.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29369544/Dev/Somfy%20controller%20Pro/2013-10-24%2014.39.21.jpg

Well, pity that such great application is without any answer.
Installed, tested and great results. Congrats.

I am skip app ratting on Google Play, they pushed me to link with Google+, which I don't want at the moment.

Sorry for my language, not native.

Great project ! I would like to do the same @home.
Could I do the same think with an Ethernet Arduino ?

yes you can

Where did you baught your hardware ? Did you keep the references of each part ?

the hard ware used:
Arduino uno
Ethernet Shield W5100
8 channel 5v relay
one telis 1 remote for every screen

I've seen that detecting the channel with the newest Telis 4 RTS could be difficult because it stays on the last channel used.
Do you think it's easier with the oldest one ?

for every screen you need a telis 1 remote. A telis 4 remote can be used, but just for one screen.

Hello to everyone,

I think that its a very nice project but what about Arduino with RS485 device ?

If we can built communication between Arduino and RS485 Somfy Transmitter so we can control by one Arduino 16 channels (16 individual applications such as blinds, shutters,curtains etc) ? ?

Thanks in advance

Chris

christodoulos1986:
I think that its a very nice project but what about Arduino with RS485 device ?
If we can built communication between Arduino and RS485 Somfy Transmitter so we can control by one Arduino 16 channels (16 individual applications such as blinds, shutters,curtains etc) ? ?

That won't be to hard to accomplish. I can modify the app to support 16 channels and if you donate me an RS485 Somfy Transmitter i write you arduino sketch to $)

By the way, You recieve an update for the app soon. Now the channels to are not in use (that don't have a name in settings) wont be visible anymore. and come back ones you give them a name.

More request are welcome.

Hi,

Thanks you for this app!
I have implemented a sketch to drive my devices with the somfy Tellis 4.
As there is no button to change the channel , I'm using the Status to change it.
I have fund a small bug, when the screen rotate (phone rotation) a command 77 (status) is send to the server.

I have an idea to improve the soft, for each device whe should be able to create a small macro (ex: I want to close my roller blind at 75 % (maybe up Up while 10 seconds) and playing with the angle of the laminas (and down while 0.6 second) )

A+

Daniel

zerohuit:
Thanks you for this app!
I have implemented a sketch to drive my devices with the somfy Tellis 4.
As there is no button to change the channel , I'm using the Status to change it.
I have fund a small bug, when the screen rotate (phone rotation) a command 77 (status) is send to the server.

I have an idea to improve the soft, for each device whe should be able to create a small macro (ex: I want to close my roller blind at 75 % (maybe up Up while 10 seconds) and playing with the angle of the laminas (and down while 0.6 second) )

A+

Hi Daniel,

Good to hear you found this application useful! Receiving "77" on screen rotation is not a bug, "77" is send to the arduino to request the current status of the screens at startup. In Android, rotating the screen will result in restarting the activity so the command will be send again. Normally this is no problem as this will result in just a refresh of the current status. Maybe you can add one more channel and give it the text "select" and use it in the sketch to select the channel. When I update the software I will add a optional select button. Maybe you can upload your sketch so I can test it.

Timings like you suggest are very hard to implement as not every screen takes the same time to go up and down 100%. In the application it is not to hard to implement a ...% command, but how about the arduino part?

Thank you for your reply !

I understand the problem with the activitie of Android. Thanks for the explanations !
In the same time, I already have developped my own Android app... It's very interresting !
Ok it's not as clean as yours (All setings are hardcoded now) but it's under development.

For the timings, I implement them in the arduino and not on Android. it's the testing for each roller blind that fixes the values for 50% close. But the command must exists on the App.

I will continue to have a look on your App, it's useful !

A+

Marque,

Is it possible to add the pictures again that shows how to connect the arduino to a somfy telis remote ?

Is het mogelijk dat je de handleiding of plaatjes weer upload op deze site zodat we kunnen zien hoe jij de telis 1 aan de arduino hebt gekoppeld ?

Alvast bedankt voor de moeite !

Mvg,

Damn dropbox removed the pictures ]:slight_smile: (cant remember I did :blush:)

So I have to take new pictures.

edit: pictures re-added.

New beta version online.
Find it here: Testers wanted! - Home Automation - Arduino Forum

Hello to everyone,
can you introduce an application for wifi communication between android and arduino ?

Nice app.

If you don't feel like hacking your remotes, the Somfy RTS protocol has been hacked: Protocole Somfy (Reverse engi RTS) - Français - Arduino Forum

Hello , i dont understand the port number of arduino to add on settings of the app.
i installed all the ethernet shield on arduino and wiring with relay module and somfy telis 1 rts channel.
how to connect it with the app ?