Due pinout diagram

Excellent post :). Thanks for this. Very helpfull!

Glad to help.

Rob

where did you get the info on the high current vs low current pins? I'd like to map out some other pins from a design i'm working on but i can't figure out whether they are the high current or low current pins. :frowning:

See page 1391: http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc11057.pdf

thanks!! :smiley:

GreyNomad,

You said: "I have also completely lost interest in the Due for a couple of reasons."

Why? Isn´t it a very good board?

Hmmm, did I say that did I :slight_smile:

There's nothing wrong with the Due, it's just that IMO it could have been a lot better. They ignored most of the neat hardware the chip has, mostly I assume in favour of Mega shield compatibility, so we have a powerful ARM board that can flash 54 LEDs but cannot interface correctly to an SD card, external memory or Ethernet.

I think it could have kept Duemilanove/Uno shield compatibility and used the spare pins for more useful functions. But then I would think that because it's exactly what I've done with my latest Mega2560 design and plan to do with a SAM design soon :slight_smile:

Rob

Just wanted to thank you for putting out this diagram. It has helped a lot.

But I would like to have one addition to this diagram. The addition of quadrature inputs would be a great help.

Also, if you can make a second diagram that listed the primary pin designations and has a empty box so that the user can designate what pens are used for what purpose in their project, it would be very helpful.

Again, thank you, it has been a great help.

Joe.

promacjoe, there's a spreadsheet available here that might help.

The spreadsheet is nice, But if the spreadsheet was all that was needed, this thread would never have been started.
the graphical representation of the board that is presented here is much easier to read and understand.
Being able to see and to locate each pen and its corresponding use is much better than a spreadsheet.
Although a spreadsheet can display more data, is just not the same.

Thank you for your reply and I will look over the spreadsheet.

Joe.

Thanks for the answer, GreyNomad.

I just published one article about the ARDUINO DUE board and included your pinout diagram (and gave all the credits to you and your webSite). (Portuguese - Brazil)

About the peripherals to interface with SD card, external memory or Ethernet not be available in Arduino DUE, I have the same criticism.

I´m writing one article for the next week analyzing specifically the DUE´s sch, that I´m going to include this type of concern.

Regards, Thiago

I´m writing one article for the next week analyzing specifically the DUE´s sch, that I´m going to include this type of concern.

Please post a link when it published.

Rob

The addition of quadrature inputs would be a great help.

primary pin designations and has a empty box so that the user can designate what pens are used for what purpose in their project

Both good ideas and I'll put them on my todo list, but I gotta say I have many other things on that list all with a higher priority (at present).

Rob

promacjoe:
Also, if you can make a second diagram that listed the primary pin designations and has a empty box so that the user can designate what pens are used for what purpose in their project, it would be very helpful.

Seems that you had a similar need, that I had. I created a diagram for the DigiX, where I combined both needs in one document.
There is an empty transparent form field over the additional information, which can be filled. Once filled, the field chances to solid background and covers the initial information.
Have a look at:

When Graynomad allows, I could overlay his PDF in the same way!

That's OK by me as long as the credit blurb stays intact, but I can't see what you mean, all I can find on that link is a JPEG.

Rob

In the very first post of that thread is an PDF linked.
DigiX-Pinout-beta-095a.pdf

The only link I can see in that post is this

http://digistump.com/wiki/digix/tutorials/pinout

Maybe I can't see attachments because I'm not a member of that forum.

and

DigiX-Pinout-beta-095a.pdf

Gets a server not found error, although that might be a temp thing, I'll try again later.

Rob

You need to login, to see the attachment unfortunately.
However I attach it here as well

DigiX-Pinout-beta-095a.pdf (887 KB)

Enclosed now the current PDF with overlayed form fields, like I did for the DigiX.
In PDF-reader you need to "highlight existing fields" to see, where those fields are.
Once such a field is filled with own comment, it gets visible and covers the underlying basic information.

Due-pinout-fillable-form.pdf (655 KB)

Thank you very much, this should help tremendously.
And I'm sure others will appreciate it just as much as I do.

Sam.