Arduino 1.5 Beta for Raspberry Pi?

Has anyone compiled Arduino IDE 1.5.2 for Raspbian OS (armv6l-based Debian Wheezy Linux)? Presently, only Arduino IDE 1.0.1 exists in Raspbian OS repositories.

The instructions for compiling Arduino from source is, kindof sketchy, and because it says "Sun Java SDK" is needed, it may not compile on the Raspberry Pi, itself.

If Arduino IDE 1.5.2 can run on Raspberry Pi, then we have the "ARM programming ARM scenario" when it comes to programming the Arduino DUE. It's just a thought.

As of this writing, I'm setting up bossa on my Xubuntu Linux system in preparation for compiling C source code for the Arduino DUE without using Arduino IDE.

I like the idea, not just because of both being ARM based but also both being 3.3V. I might have a go at trying to get it to compile.

I don't think Java will be a problem, since Arduino already runs on the Pi. It may be more of a problem getting a compiler / toolchain set up. Even though both use ARM the Raspberry Pi uses gnueabi and the Due needs none-eabi (ie a compiler designed to make binaries to run on a bare chip without an OS). I think this has already been done. bossa is quite a simple program so should be easy to compile on the Pi.

Unfortunately it does not look as if it will be viable. The IDE runs far too slowly to be usable, and compilation takes far too long. I don't have a correctly working toolchain yet, and compiling one takes many hours per attempt - I have not found the magic combination of options which works.

stimmer:
Unfortunately it does not look as if it will be viable. The IDE runs far too slowly to be usable, and compilation takes far too long. I don't have a correctly working toolchain yet, and compiling one takes many hours per attempt - I have not found the magic combination of options which works.

Thanks for finding out for me. Is it possible to get bossac compiled for Raspberry Pi Raspbian OS? (Similar to avrdude...) Or can Raspberry Pi upload to Due via alternative (non-bossac) method?

Hello,

do you have any news on this topic?

I am currently having the same problem. I would like to program my DUE with my Raspberry PI.
In Raspbian, there still only is Version 1.0.1 of the Arduino IDE which has no support for the DUE.

Regards,
kFieLd