[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

CrossRoads:
eried,
Have you & Josh Marinacci considered getting together?

Arduino Forum

This running update of 3 IDEs is a bit confusing.

Well, I guess 4 now with the DUE IDE also.

5 IDE's heheh... my original idea fixing the things (years ago) was to get something fixed someday in the official ide. Since that will never happen, I decided to build this mod mainly just for windows+arduino users (specially for me).

I don't know if everyone noticed but the crusade seems to be pretty effective. Almost no one is now posting or discussing the same drivers/sloweness/installation issues in the forum (I was pretty tired seeing the same issues again and again, even in some 'arduino workshops' a big part of the time is used just to teach how to get the IDE running)

I don't have any other board rather than a couple of arduinos, I have received some requests from people because they experience a lot of the same issues in derivated IDE's but besides providing feedback and hints, doing something it is just too much work.

So, in conclusion, this mod is just a temporal solution, I may eventually update the ide to 1.5 but Josh solution is a much better approach and I will love to see any alternative IDE replacing the Arduino IDE in the future, but our work is not very shareable.