Using only TX of SoftwareSerial, leaving RX pin free

Hi Nick !

I want to ask question,
I'm using Arduino UNO, and i want to reduce I/O pin..
Is it possible to combine your library and SoftwareSerial library?
because when i tried your library alone thats perfect !

right now i try to combine your library to SoftwareSerial in order to retrieve data serial from my ID-12 (RFID) and send it to other device using Serial too..

this is my code

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#include <ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial.h>

// DEFINE
// ======== SERIAL =============
// == RFID
#define RXID  8
ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial RFID (RXID);

// == RS 485
#define RX45           2
#define TX45           3
#define SerialControl  7
#define Transmit       HIGH
#define Receive        LOW
SoftwareSerial toSlave (RX45, TX45);

void setup(){
}

void loop(){
}

and these the error message

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"
ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial\ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial.cpp.o: In function `__vector_3':
--------------\Arduino\libraries\ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial/ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial.cpp:300: multiple definition of `__vector_3'
SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp.o:--------.cpp:305: first defined here
ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial\ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial.cpp.o: In function `__vector_4':
---------------\Arduino\libraries\ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial/ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial.cpp:307: multiple definition of `__vector_4'
SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp.o:-------\Arduino\libraries\SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:312: first defined here
ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial\ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial.cpp.o: In function `__vector_5':
---------------\Arduino\libraries\ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial/ReceiveOnlySoftwareSerial.cpp:314: multiple definition of `__vector_5'
SoftwareSerial\SoftwareSerial.cpp.o:-------------\Arduino\libraries\SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.cpp:319: first defined here

Thanks ~ :slight_smile:

1 Like