Two different sine waves with ad9850

hi everybody,

I am looking for a way to play two different sine waves with the ad9850. Is this possible at all?
And if so, can somebody please give me an an idea of how to accomplish that?

thanks in advance for help!

Hummelmann

here's a link to the ad9850 in case you guys don't know what i am talking about:

Hi,
Sorry, I can't help you, I don't know this module. But it's very interesting. Do you use it to generate sound ? What is the advantage to making DDS with AD9850 rather than Arduino ?

Hummelmann:
I am looking for a way to play two different sine waves with the ad9850. Is this possible at all?

No.

hi,

@ gaith:
Yes, I generate sound with the ad9850. Works well. Advantage for me is that it's simpler software-wise. I'm a newbie and have to go with what I've got.

@fungus
I was hoping to hear something else, but thanks anyway!

Probably will try to use two ad9850s now. I read somewhere how to synchronize them. Will post results when I have some.

Can you create complex waveforms using the AD9850? For instance, if you have a set of wavetables on the arduino, can you get the chip to play those complex waveforms under the arduino's control (rather than just sine waves)? Or if that's not possible, can you manipulate the AD9850's sine waves to appear like complex waveforms?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm new to this, and it's something I'm stuck on.

Also if it can't make complex waveforms, is there another chip/signal generator/oscillator/etc that can that I can control with an arduino?

Cheers in advance

Pete