Prototype Development, I need a microcontroller and help

Hello all. I have a limited amount of experience with Arduino but, I have enough knowledge to break stuff. Here is my problem. I need to control a linear actuator(12v) via a 4 place relay with a toggle switch to change directions and simultaneously retract 4 Small 1 inch linear actuators after the large actuator is fully extended. I have code to cause the actuator to extend and retract without a switch so it justs extends then retracts automatically. Can anyone help me with this?

You have not provided links to the datasheets for the different actuators and you have not posted you program code so it is rather difficult to offer advice.

Also, a more extensive description of the sequence of actions that you want to happen would be useful.

...R

thank you for responding. the linear actuator is a simple two wire actuator the 4 small actuators are more like electromagnets I need power to make them all retract at once. the code I found for the linear actuator and relay is as follows:

const int forwards = 7;
const int backwards = 6;//assign relay INx pin to arduino pin

void setup() {

pinMode(forwards, OUTPUT);//set relay as an output
pinMode(backwards, OUTPUT);//set relay as an output

}

void loop() {

digitalWrite(forwards, LOW);
digitalWrite(backwards, HIGH);//Activate the relay one direction, they must be different to move the motor
delay(10000); // wait 10 seconds

digitalWrite(forwards, HIGH);
digitalWrite(backwards, HIGH);//Deactivate both relays to brake the motor
delay(10000);// wait 10 seconds

digitalWrite(backwards, LOW);//Activate the relay the other direction, they must be different to move the motor

digitalWrite(backwards, HIGH);//Deactivate both relays to brake the motor

}

this is just a simple , extend and retract command. I need to know how to implement a 3 way switch so that it works only when the switch it turned and then retract when it is done the opposite way. I am more of a mechanical guy not a programmer so I am trying to learn as I go, but I am running short on time. I appreciate the help.

falconvue:
the linear actuator is a simple two wire actuator the 4 small actuators are more like electromagnets

I await links to the datasheets. I am not in any hurry.

...R

help me here, what datasheets are you referring to. it is a firgelli 9 inch linear actuator

1 inch pull solenoids

is there a way to add a toggle switch to control the actuator?

falconvue:
is there a way to add a toggle switch to control the actuator?

I am not impressed by the data on the actuator. Obviously written by the marketing dept. How do you make electrical connections to the device? How do the build-in limit switches operate? Do the give a switch close indication? A switch open indication? What is the motor stall current when an end stopper is reached?

Then on the solenoid link, that just gives a whole catalog page, not the unit you are using.

Can a toggle switch control the actuator? Sure, a SPDT type switch that can carry the 5 amps or more needed to run the device. The SPDT has three terminals.

Paul