Cheap laser cut aluminum frame PCB stencil service

Hello everyone,

Today I would like to introduce our Laser cut PCB stencil service:

![](http://www.elecrow.com/extent images/Elecrow PCB Stencil service11.jpg)![](http://www.elecrow.com/extent images/Elecrow PCB Stencil service22.jpg)

This service provides quick and high quality laser cut stencils, provide you five dimension options:

Frame Dimension Effective Dimension
37.0cm x 47.0cm 19.0cm x 29.0cm
42.0cm x 52.0cm 24.0cm x 34.0cm
45.0cm x 55.0cm 27.0cm x 37.0cm
58.4cm x 58.4cm 40.0cm x 40.0cm
55.0cm x 65.0cm 37.0cm x 47.0cm

the price starting from $20, the stencil will be fabricated in 24 hours and shipped in 2-3 days.

For more details, please visit Elecrow Laser Cut PCB Stencil service.

What does "provide you five dimension options" mean? Website does not provide any more info.

CrossRoads:
What does "provide you five dimension options" mean? Website does not provide any more info.

Hello CrossRoads,

sorry for may unclear description! The following are the information for the dimensions:

Frame Dimension Effective Dimension
37.0cm x 47.0cm 19.0cm x 29.0cm
42.0cm x 52.0cm 24.0cm x 34.0cm
45.0cm x 55.0cm 27.0cm x 37.0cm
58.4cm x 58.4cm 40.0cm x 40.0cm
55.0cm x 65.0cm 37.0cm x 47.0cm

Different dimension has different price, for the dimension of 37.0cm x 47.0cm, it only needs $20, this dimension can meet most needs. Thank you.

Ah. I wasn't thinking "dimension" as frame sizes. Thanks.
As a hobbyist, I am used to taping a mylar stencil onto a board.
I'm having a little trouble imaging how to ensure aligment of a 10cm x 10cm (or smaller) board inside the very much larger frame area.

I'm having a little trouble imaging how to ensure aligment of a 10cm x 10cm (or smaller) board inside the very much larger frame area.

You save money by combining several boards or design into 1 stencil.
It's more accurate then the Mylar/Kapton stencil and with the price like these, there's no reason not to.
I have used the smaller 30cmx40cm and manage to put in 4 design for prototypes.

not only that.. but dont most aluminum/steel or framed stencils usually have some sort of 'machine' to position the frame over the board(s)?

@Crossroads-

maybe the rigidity of the stencil means you dont have to have other blank pcb's around the target board to make up for the mylar/transparency 'flop'..

@$20.00 for aluminum/laser cut.. they are finally making a run at regular mylar/kapton cut stencils price wise!

CrossRoads:
Ah. I wasn't thinking "dimension" as frame sizes. Thanks.
As a hobbyist, I am used to taping a mylar stencil onto a board.

For manufacture little PCBAs, it is very easy to align the board to the stencil, just like the picture![](http://www.elecrow.com/extent images/IMG_20130425_104539.jpg)![](http://www.elecrow.com/extent images/IMG_20130425_104557.jpg)

For assembling small batch of the PCBAs, we will panelizing the boards and using a clip machine to align the boards to the stencil and fix them. We are writing a blog about how the PCB assembly works for small batch of the PCBs.

Another good news is our PCB services support same boards panelizing, only need add little money, and you will get double or more boards, especial suit for the boards with 510cm dimension, for example, you only need to pay $31.9, and got 20 separated 510cm boards or 10 10*10cm panelized boards which with V-groove. For the boards which with V-groove, you don't need to cut them buy yourself any more.

I was wondering about using this to make front panel stick ons,

For assembling small batch of the PCBAs, we will penalizing the boards and using a clip machine to align the boards to the stencil and fix them. We are writing a blog about how the PCB assembly works for small batch of the PCBs.

Another good news is our PCB services support same boards penalizing, only need add little money, and you will get double or more boards, especial suit for the boards with 510cm dimension, for example, you only need to pay $31.9, and got 20 separated 510cm boards or 10 10*10cm penalized boards which with V-groove. For the boards which with V-groove, you don't need to cut them buy yourself any more.

@Elecrow: change "penalizing" to "panelizing". One is punishing someone, the other is (possibly not a word but context indicates it means) providing the ability to break into subsections.

I work with aluminum framed stainless steel stencils all the time, yes they are typically meant to be used in a machine (manual or automatic), they still will flop (not nearly as bad as film), and they are very difficult to align by hand.

They are however much more durable, and they do produce much cleaner results than any plastic film stencil I have ever used, if you are doing a production of more than a few individual PCB's

suggestion for Elecrow-

offer more board sizes..

your current board sizes mirror iTead/iMalls offerings...

(which I like and usually do use iTead for everything)..

however.. recently.. they were NOT the best choice.. based on the size options they offered for PCB's..

iTead:
5cm x 5cm
5cm x 10cm
10cm x 10cm
Larger than 10cm x 10cm

**bonus to flexible printed circuit options being available

Elecrow:
5cm x 5cm
10cm x 10cm
Larger than 10cm x 10cm

**bonus to FREE colored pcb's

SEEED:

5cm x 5cm
5cm x 10cm
5cm x 15cm
5cm x 20cm

10cm x 10cm
10cm x 15cm
10cm x 20cm

20cm x 20cm

**Bonus to multiple size/dimension offerings, NOT just square sized, but rectangle sized too for fair pricing and not over charging for not being 'square'

@Elecrow-

adding these other sizes/dimensions options will help get more customers... (I would have used ya over SEEED if the sizes were available this time) :slight_smile:

wrong thread...

/edit