BASIC-like Interpreter for Arduino

Thank you for that link, I was not aware of bitlash, and this gives me an opportunity to clarify the intent of where I would like to go and highlight the difference between this and bitlash.

First of all bitlash is much farther along as an interpreter than mine will ever be. But I don't want to make a c compliant interpreter.

Rather than allowing people to store their c functions in eeprom rather than Flash (why?), I would like to create an intermediate language that bridges the gap between component complexity and language complexity. I'd like to make a dumber language with a smarter component interface.

I'd like to be able to build projects in this language that have a Master I2C component and n slave I2C components. Some kind of standard interface to the components would be created with hopefully wiring diagrams and maybe stackable shields. The intent would be to make something that could be appropriate for junior-high level students by hiding as much of the unnecessary complexity as possible.