Stepper Motor Control with Nano

Ok, so I am working on a project where I need to control many different stepper motors. I really need the whole system to be modular, so weight is a big issue. I am wondering if tiny button cell batteries could power the arduino nanos. The motors themselves are going to be receiving their own power through their drivers. I couldn't seem to find any information on how much current the nano pulls when running off external power supplies. Any help would be appreciated.

So far, I believe that on a 9V battery, the nano pulls around 25 mA during active operation...is this about right?

Also, I am new to the Arduino world, so I apologize if anything is unclear, or if these are basic questions.

the nano pulls around 25 mA during active operation...is this about right?

It is about right although I would say 30mA. That doesn't count any power being supplied out of the output pins.

tiny button cell batteries could power the arduino nanos

Yes if you have enough of them but not for long, look up the capacity of the actual cell you want to use.

MarcRyan:
The motors themselves are going to be receiving their own power through their drivers.

Evidently you already have a source of power that's (presumably) providing far more than the Arduino will need. Why don't you just power the Arduino from that via a suitable regulator/converter?

Use and filter the motor power. If the motor will run the arduino will run. More batteries means more complex, and the nano battery will always be dead...