Faster display

Besides going with an OLED/color tft display is there any faster LCD's that can display characters with less shadowing?

metalman3797:
Besides going with an OLED/color tft display is there any faster LCD's that can display characters with less shadowing?

Less than what??

Don

I personally found black character over yellow or green back light to be faster than other displays to my eyes.

Passive matrix LCDs are always poor performers compared to TFT. What size/resolution display do you want?

The basic $9 (yes i know its a cheap-o) seven button screen I have when scrolling through numbers it blurs them horribly even with faster LCD library. I just want something that will be able to be readable at arms length away without squinting really. What TFT from 3.0"-5" is most widely used and also isnt super expensive? The 4d systems seem to be overkill and overpriced for my project. I just need a big screen without super high detail.

Check out the videos on this page and tell me if the refresh speed is too slow or not. We need a base line measurement of your "fast display" need.

metalman3797:
The basic $9 (yes i know its a cheap-o) seven button screen I have when scrolling through numbers it blurs them horribly even with faster LCD library. I just want something that will be able to be readable at arms length away without squinting really. What TFT from 3.0"-5" is most widely used and also isnt super expensive? The 4d systems seem to be overkill and overpriced for my project. I just need a big screen without super high detail.

These ones on eBay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-2-TFT-LCD-Module-Display-Touch-Screen-Panel-PCB-Adapter-SD-Slot-akr-/180866254803?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1c7807d3

Having said that the documentation looks poor - I have had some of the 2.4" screens from them and they
work (3.3V logic only, 8 bit parallel mode only) You get SDsocket and touchscreen too...

SainSmart is selling a 3.2" 320 X 240 line display for 18.95 and the library for it can be found here Electronics - Henning Karlsen
It is well documented, free and runs very well on a Mega. The library has very complete documentation for all it's features. There are extra/other fonts and icons available too.

Bob