History, dates and relevance of Playground tutorials? (code samples also broken)

I've been starting to browse and use the playground and its tutorials more.

What it could really do with is some kind of "last updated" and "applies to:" kind of header. I thought I might get a clue from the page history. Let's take one article: Arduino Playground - EEPROMWriteAnything

It's only when you get to the bottom that you see:

This facility is being offered on the Playground for versions up to 0013 of the Arduino IDE. It will be proposed for built-in support in a future release like 0014. (this apparently did not happen)

ie: a version almost 4 years old.

Thought I'd have a look at the history to get a clue: Arduino Playground - EEPROMWriteAnything

Nothing happens. Also, "view" is the same URL as history.

Also, the jquery object isn't being called properly, so while the "print" view works OK, it seems like all code in regular view isn't being laid out properly (see the inspector for the errors like "Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined")

I'm happy to start helping out and editing things where there's a clear typo, error or confusing language, or where it might help if the document said "applies to versions up to..." at the top. But the tools need to be right, first :slight_smile:

it can be done fairly easy (I recently found out), see - Arduino Playground - LibraryForI2CEEPROM -
at the bottom of the page. You might be right that the top is better. I'll move it so it can be an example.

update: looks better @ top

(:table border=0 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=0:)
(:cell colspan=2:)
(:cellnr:) Last Modified: 
(:cell:) {$LastModified}
(:cellnr:) By:
(:cell:) {$LastModifiedBy}
(:tableend:)
----

robtillaart:
it can be done fairly easy (I recently found out), see - Arduino Playground - LibraryForI2CEEPROM -

Ah, thanks, very useful - and of course, the table could just be extended to indicate version compatibility info.

Shame about the code samples and history not working properly, though.