A Must Have: Arduino Cookbook

This is really a book that I was waiting for: "Arduino Cookbook" written by Michael Margolis and Nicholas Robert Weldin and published by O'Reilly. It has nearly everything you need to get started and lots of code for advanced projects.

Have a look at my short review:
http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/2011/02/must-have-arduino-cookbook.html

Hello,

thanks to Michael Margolis I could add some interesting pictures from the "Arduino Cookbook" to my blog post.

Hajo

I just noticed: The Cookbook is printed and you can get only today a 50% eBook-Deal. Use discount code: DDARC

No, I don't get paid for that. =(

Hajo

Thanks! That discount code was really worthwhile.

definitely a nice find... thanks for the discount code :smiley:

Quite a useful book that'd be even more useful if one could download the example sketches and not have to type them. Does anyone know whether there is or will be a download site for the examples and, if so, where?

GJN:
Quite a useful book that'd be even more useful if one could download the example sketches and not have to type them. Does anyone know whether there is or will be a download site for the examples and, if so, where?

I agree -- especially on the download. I got my book a couple of days ago and found a few neat ideas -- some do not work on the Mega2560 -- but maybe I will ask here if I cannot solve them in a day of two more.

I got mine for about $17 through Kindle (Amazon). I loaded the book on my PanDigital Reader (9") so I can look at while I try ideas.

Many of the questions asked repeatedly on these forums could be solved in a few minutes by digging through the table of contents and looking for similar solutions.

If you are new to Arduino I recommend it. After over 40 years of designing systems I am still happy to save time with a quick reference like this book.

LeseLaster:
... book that I was waiting for: "Arduino Cookbook"...

Call me old-fashioned and I won't argue, but I really prefer ink and paper to Kindle or Acroreader or whatever.

When I was just getting started with Arduino, I ordered this book on May 10, 2010 (with pre-publication discount), for delivery in Summer of 2010. I have endured various publication delays, and have never considered canceling the order because I have complete faith in the O'Reilly series. I have many, many O'Reilly titles, and I have never bought one that didn't meet or exceed my expectations or that I thought wasn't worth the money. (And I have somewhat limited resources---I take these things vary seriously.) I mean, lots of books (actually, just about all books) have interesting Tables of Contents and Publishers Blurbs on their web sites, but O'Reilly is the Real Deal. At least that's my experience. (I have no connection with any publisher or author or vendor of anything I mention here or elsewhere.)

Over the last ten months, Amazon has been kind enough to send update notices and status reports, and I just received one indicating expected shipping date of April 11, 2011. I'm waiting with bated breath. See Footnote.

Regards,

Dave

Footnote:
Actually, I just now shared a can of tuna with my gorgeous neighbor's scruffy cat, and we are both waiting with baited breath. (Me and the scruffy cat; not me and the gorgeous neighbor---she goes back inside her house every time the cat decides to honor me with a visit. Oh, well...)

I have always needed a good reason to pet a cat...

Guess you found one. :smiley:

I bought the book yesterday on Amazon.com and downloaded it on the iPad Kindle app. ($22.53). Already I found what I needed. Great book indeed and yes, I too would like downloadable sketches. XD

Bump to the top.

If you are having trouble with a project or are brand new to the Arduino, books like this and the demo programs that come with the compiler answer most general "newbie" questions.

Help people to help you.

The code is available for download from the books oreilly page.

On the left hand side, just below the cover image.

Paper copies of the book should be in europe next week.

Nick

Does anyone know of a way to conact Michael Margolis? Email? Twitter?

Does anyone know of a way to conact Michael Margolis?

I am back, you can contact me here.

Unfortunately I have not had any time over the last few months to hang out on the forum, but hopefully I will be a regular visitor again.

Michael Margolis

This discount code did NOT work !

DDARC

nihonjin:
This discount code did NOT work !
DDARC

Maybe you need to reread the post where you got the code. :wink: